Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Come Thirsty-Part 4


Receive My Love

I throw my arms around you, lavish attention on you, and guard you as the apple of my eye. I rejoice over you with great gladness. My thoughts of you cannot be counted; they outnumber the grains of sand! nothing can ever separate you from my love. Death can't, and life can't. The angels can't , the demons can't. Your fears for today, your worries about tomorrow, and even the powers of hell can't keep my love away.

You sometimes say, "The Lord has deserted me; the Lord has forgotten me." But can a mother forget her nursing child? Can she feel no love for a child she has born? Even if that were possible, I would not forget you! I paid for you with the precious lifeblood of Christ, my sinless, spotless Lamb. No one will snatch you away from me. See I have written your name on my hand. I call you my friend. Why, the very hairs on your head are all numbered. So don't be afraid; you are valuable to me.

Give me your burdens; I will take care of you. I know how weak you are, that you are made of dust. Give all your worries and cares to me, because I care about what happens to you.

Remember, I am at hand. Come to me when you are weary and carry heavy burdens, I will give you rest. I delight in you, and I can be trusted to keep my promises. Come and drink the water of life.

Your Maker and Father,

God

(taken from Max Lucado's "Come Thirsty")

This is a perfect prayer for a mother. Don't we sometimes feel deserted? Helpless? Weak? Frustrated? Worried about many things? Weary? Let's trust in God and His promises to faithfully complete that good work in you. I know it's easy to say. But with God's Grace and Mercy, we can finish every day well.

5 comments:

Naomi said...

I really love these excerpts you have been sharing. Thank you.

alexis said...

thank you for this beautiful and timely post! I am experiencing weariness in motherhood right now, especially as I am nearing the end of my second pregnancy in a year! My 8 month old is teething to no end (and not handling it very well!), and I am missing my oldest son, as he has went to live with his dad an hour away for the school year (better school district). Every once in a while, something like your post will pop up and encourage me. Thanks again for sharing!

Cat said...

Oh, Stacie, thank you! Even if you have sent your children on the world of adulthood and parenting you STILL get weary of the new challenges God has place on the plate of life. It is always good to know where our source is, to be reminded...because we DO forget.

christy rose said...

I love Max's way of hitting home with the Truth. It touches deeply into the soul! thanks for sharing this! It ministered to me alot!
Christy

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

What a wonderful prayer. It is working! Our trust in God is paying off in every day blessings. He really does know how to write our story, doesn't He?

Related Posts with Thumbnails