Monday, August 3, 2009

Zucchini Cobbler (An Unusual Recipe)

My stepmom was telling me about this unusual recipe. I am always trying to figure out ways to use up all the zucchinis that people give since my kids don't really like it as a vegetable.

Zucchini Cobbler
Boil 8 cups of zucchini that has been peeled, seeded and diced (bite size). Drain and then let it cool. Add a 10 oz can of crushed pineapple (juice and all)

Mix together 1 cup of sugar ( I use raw), 3 Tablespoons of flour, dash of salt, 2 tsps of cinnamon, 3/4 tsp cream of tartar. Stir this into the zucchini mixture. Add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice.
Pour into a greased 9x13 pan. Pour a yellow cake mix on top and then drizzle half of a cup of melted butter onto it.
Bake at 350 degrees for one hour.
My kids LOVED it! I served it with vanilla ice cream. I told them it was a fruit cobbler. They still don't know what was in it. It was really good. I would have never known that zucchini was in it! Thanks, Diana!
Posted by Picasa

14 comments:

Parsley said...

Perfect timing. A neighbor gave me a huge zucchini and now I can try this. Thanks.

Jenn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenn said...

I'm going to try this without telling my boys what's in it. They would make all sorts of gagging noises and obnoxious faces if I told them it was zucchini. Thanks, Stacie

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Jessica's outfit cracks me up! Hum, I'm trying to figure out how to make this recipe healthy and still taste good. Any ideas for a topping?

Natalie said...

what a great idea ! I'm comletely useless when it comes to baking but that seemed pretty easy. I'll have to give it a try

Cat said...

I think a 'crisp' topping with oats, nuts, flour, butter and sucanat would be a great topping. Personaly, we LOVE it sliced the long way, brushed with olive oil, sprinkled with kosher salt and parmeasan cheese, then broiled until crispy.

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Next time I make it, I'm going to use my regular oat/succanat topping from my "Mom's Apple Crisp recipe". I can make it as healthy as I want it to be. I wanted to try the original recipe first, then I tweak it to make it healthier.

candy said...

Do you still have some I can try tomorrow. Yes Jackie I agree Jess' outfit is a good one.I'll have to have Shilo try recipe Tyson loves to cook things like egg plant and garden stuff.He'll probably have shilo do the sweet ones.

Suburban Simplicity said...

That looks yummy - What a great way to use zucchini.

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

I'll save you some, Candy!

Rachel and Family said...

Now that is fascinating. I will be trying that one for sure!

OurLilFullFam said...

That is so cool!

Sounds delicious, kinda like zucchini bread, tastes so good!!

I am gonna try this next week.

Stephanie

Beth said...

I am linking this on my sight and posting yuor recipe. Come by and visit!

Marie said...

This looks delicious. I wish I had this recipe when I had an abundance of zucchini. I saved it to use later.

Related Posts with Thumbnails