Thursday, August 6, 2009

This is So Not Cool

We found a baby kitten in our backyard hidden in our bushes. The kids of course wanted to keep it. This thing is tiny and it is mewing costantly. It does not look like it is weaned at all. The animal shelter won't take it. We haven't seen the mom in a few days. It is weak and hungry. We are trying to feed it milk from a syringe. Any ideas? Does anyone want to try to nurse a kitten so it doesn't get weaker? The kids are killing it with kindness and the dog is going crazy when she sees it. Snickers hates cats! We have someone who said they would take it after the 16th when they get back from vacation. But if anyone wants to take a stab at this, please let me know. I would be glad to give this kitten to you. I don't want it to suffer and I don't want the dog to kill it. I really don't want the kids to get attached to it either.

2 comments:

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

How's the kitten today? Is it taking any milk? What a terrible position to be in. I can't believe the animal shelter won't take it in. That is so weird. I'm praying God will give you wisdom.

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

It's getting weaker and weaker. I just don't think it's going to make it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails