Monday, August 24, 2009

This is How I Feel!

Do you see this picture? The umbrella is off and refreshing rain is pouring down her face. This is exactly how I feel. I feel like I just took the umbrella away and God has peeled off another layer of pride and fear as a mother and the Spirit is raining down on me.

I was listening to the radio and the pastor was speaking on teaching our children to stand up under the pressures of the world. God spoke to my heart when he said this...

"It is our job to equip our children. It is God's job to change our children."

Oh, man! Did I need to hear that. So simple, but so profound. I even know that I have heard it before, but it must not have stuck. I am struggling, never having raised an almost 11 year old. I am trying to teach all my children, not just my oldest ,to take responsibility for their actions. I feel like I'm beating my head against the wall and I am battered and bruised. I now realize that the pressure is off, I don't have to change them!!!!!!!!!!!!!! God does the changing. My job is to patiently teach and equip them. Oh, JOY! Blessed be His Name! Thank you, God!

Just wanted to share...
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Cat said...

I don't know where you find your pictures, but that one fits you to a tee today! Let the Spirit work, Stacie. Good girl for recognizing where the boundries are when you hear about them. I'm so pleased to call you my friend!

Toni Floyd said...

It's getting a little trickier as they get older, isn't it? And to think I thought babies and toddlers were challenging!!! lol

christy rose said...

thanks so much for sharing that! And yes, it is so true. we can not change them. Only the Holy spirit can and will do that if we trust Him to do so. I like what you said though. It is our privilege to equip them and His privilege to carry their heart and mold it to His will. I love that picture that you put at the beginning of this post. And, I completely understand the feeling within it too.
Hope you have a great week.
christy

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

I know the enemy is testing you today. My prayer for you today as that you finish this day well. That doesn't mean we did everything right in our parenting, but that we simply finished well. It is the same prayer I'm praying for myself.

LOVE the picture!

Timmy's Girl @ Luv My Quiver Full Of Arrows said...

Oh, Sister, how blessed that you 'get it'!! It took me a LONG time to figure it out, but what peace washed over me as a mommy when it did.

Hey, wanted to let you know that I mentioned you on my latest blog post! Hope you enjoy it!

xoxo, Veronica

Timmy's Girl @ Luv My Quiver Full Of Arrows said...

Yes, you are right, Stacie. It is the latest edition. I made sure to correct it on the blog.

Related Posts with Thumbnails