Saturday, August 8, 2009

The Dufur Threshing Bee

I took four of the children with me to go check out the Dufur Threshing Bee. It makes Papa feel good to watch him do the tractor pull. I love this picture of Andrew, Papa's "Tractor Boy". Andrew got to do a tractor race with Papa (it was a slow one, but fun none-the-less).
You can't see it very well, but the community gets together and threshes the wheat the old-fashioned way. They use the teams of horses and even did a plowing demonstration this time. My grandpa did this for years! As a child, I used to come and watch him work the ground with his team. It's weird not seeing him out there anymore. BTW, this was a great homeschool field trip.
Here is a picture of a team that was about to plow. Beautiful horses!
Lily did so good even when the dust flew in her eyes. She was a real trooper. The wind was blowin' something fierce!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Rachel and Family said...

I'm so jealous! We love going to the Parade and the Bee but Paul had to run the store today and I was in over my head in kid activities. I am still bummed that we didn't get to go. Looks like you all had a great time though!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails