Monday, August 3, 2009

Cooking Up a Storm!

Lily did pretty good in her little walker. She liked watching me buzz around the kitchen!
I made a HUGE pot of Baked Potato soup. Jackie, this is from that new cookbook that you gave me. It tasted really yummy! You cook bacon and put it in at the last minute along with sour cream. I made enough for us, Pastor Steve and his wife, Marilyn, and some for the freezer for a different day.
I also cooked a chicken with some new potatoes and squash placed around it. Diana gave me a bunch of veggies from her garden. She gave us some corn to go with this meal. Yummy! The kids were in heaven. Corn on the cob is a real treat around here.

I also cut up and froze 3 quart size bags of squash for soups and casseroles. I also made a Zucchini Cobbler. I'm going to post the recipe for that one next.

Steve took five of the six kids to Portland today to get the vacuum cleaner fixed. It was so nice to be able to get all of this done in a rather peaceful fashion. I even ran errands with Lily and got a bunch of stuff done at the Post Office.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm going to have to try that cobbler!It really sounds good! Our favorite is chocolate zuchinni cake. Been making that since Tina and Jeff were little! ~Bev~

Related Posts with Thumbnails