Sunday, August 30, 2009

"Come Thirsty" Part 2



This is taken from Max Lucado's book, "Come Thirsty". An excellent read!
My Dear Child,


Rely on My Energy

"You are worried and troubled about many things; trust me with all your heart. I know how to rescue Godly people from their trials. My Spirit helps you in your distress. Let me strengthen you with my glorious power. I did not spare my Son but gave him up for you. Won’t I give you everything else? March on, dear soul, with courage! Never give up. I will help you. I will uphold."

Your Father,
God
I believe this is a perfect prayer for mothers. We get worried about so many things, such as:
1. Will my children grow up to follow the Lord?
2. Will they be safe?
3. Will I be able to homeschool them in their high school years?
4. Will they be able to get and keep jobs?
5. Will my children rebel?
The fear can be paralyzing. God is not a God of fear! He wants us to take that list of fears (whatever they are) and lay them at the foot of the cross. He loves our children more than we do.
Is your child rebelling? Don't stop disciplining, don't give up, but continue to pray for that child. Go face-down on the floor and cry out to Him in a humbled posture. He promises that He hears our prayers. Pray that God will be glorified in your child's life. Pray that you will receive the encouragement that you need to keep up the "good fight". Pray for wisdom and understanding in your parenting. God is on His throne! He has not left!
Sometimes He allows us to stay in a wresting match so-to-speak, so that we can work it through. It raises the impurities to the surface. Our motives are purified, along with our hearts. If we hang on for the blessing, we will be new creatures in Christ! Isn't that what we want for our children and for us? Sometimes our children have to learn the hard way. Didn't we once?
Dear mothers, hang in there! The blessings will come...

5 comments:

Cat said...

What a blessing this blog is for me here in V'couver helping my daughter. I do worry unreasonably about her. I'm back on track now, so thank you. Did you get my email about this a few days ago while here?

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

So true, Stace! We just need to keep marching on towards the prize. He will slay the dragons, we just need to keep on the right path, fully armed, and keep moving forward. Even if it feels like it is at a snail's pace at times.

Love you and miss you so much! Bummed we didn't get to hang out this weekend after all.

Rachel and Family said...

Amen!

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

No, I didn't get your email. Been wondering how you are!

christy rose said...

This post was awesome Stacey! It goes so well with what I posted a couple of days ago. God is trying to tell us something. HUH? :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails