Thursday, August 27, 2009

Come Thirsty By Max Lucado, Part 1

I just read an excellent book called, "Come Thirsty" by Max Lucado. I love that he writes in parables. If you can draw me into a story, it just sticks better.

At the end of the book there was a section called, "A Letter From G0d". It spoke to this thirsty soul. It is a little lengthy, so I will divide it into parts. He compiled Scripture into this wonderful letter. What a mighty God we have. He loves to encourage us!

Dear Child of Mind,

Are you thirsty? Come and drink. I am the one who comforts you. I bought you and complete you. I delight in you and claim you as my own, rejoicing over you as a bridegroom rejoices over his bride. I will never fail you or forsake you.

Accept My Work

I know your manifold transgressions and your mighty sins, yet my grace is sufficient for you. I have cast all your sins behind my back, trampled them under my feet, and thrown them into the depths of the ocean! Your sins have been washed away, swept away like the morning mists, scattered like the clouds. Oh, return to me, for I have paid the price to set you free.

Your death is swallowed up in victory. I disarmed the evil rulers and authorities and broke the power of the devil, who had the power of death. Blessed are those who die in the Lord. Your citizenship is in heaven. Come, inherit the kingdom prepared for you where I will remove all your sorrows, and there will be no more death or sadness or crying or pain.

Your Maker, Your Father,

GOD

Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Suburban Simplicity said...

Oh I love Max Lucado's work. I haven't read this book though. It sounds wonderful, what a lovely sentiment. Thank you for sharing.

Sandra

Rachel and Family said...

Stacie, I just got my Above Rubies mag and am so glad to see you're in there!! Great article and what a fab pic of you and Steve! I'm so proud, I'll be showing it off!

I'd love to borrow Max's book!

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Thanks, Ladies!

Rach, I borrowed the book from the library. It is a MUST read. I hope you are feeling better soon. I saw Paul at practice and he told me how your appointment went. Love you!

Grandma Becky said...

I truly enjoy Max Lucado's ministry. I've not read the book you posted. I've got one I need to read that my daughter got me for Christmas called "Cast of Characters". So many books, so little time. My daughter, Megan, used to get the Above Rubies magazine when we were homeschooling. That's an interesting magazine. I miss it as she'd share it with me.

christy rose said...

wow! That is a powerful passage. I love Max Lucado's writing too. He is so insightful and usually very funny too.

Connie said...

Great thoughts, Stacie.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

That is wonderful! Love ya, Sis. So proud of you getting published in the latest Above Rubies magazine. God is using you greatly, Warrior Mamma!

Related Posts with Thumbnails