Wednesday, July 1, 2009

You Know You Are a Firefighter's Wife If...











You know you are a firefighter’s wife if:

Every time you light a candle in the house, your husband blows it out as he walks by.

You have a burning barrel the size of a giant watering trough!

You have to turn the pager down so the baby doesn’t wake up.

Your guests are about to arrive for dinner and your hubby is guaranteed to have a call back at exactly a half hour before they show.

You go out to dinner with other firefighters, you all of a sudden look around you and wonder why the people’s faces are turning green in the booth next to you. You realize that the table talk has been about blood, guts and who knows what else as they swap stories (loudly).

Everyone says how great it must be to have a paramedic/firefighter for a hubby because he will be able to help you if your kids get hurt. It’s guaranteed that if a child does get hurt, he is on shift and unavailable.

When a child does get hurt, you are able to call the station directly and ask for an ambulance to come.

You have a Maltese cross on every sweater, hat, and car that you own.
You have fire extinguishers in every room of the house.

You hear “I’ll be right back” and you don’t see him for 24 plus hours.

You have a first aid kit the size of a duffel bag.

You think the smell of a grass fire is sexy.

You know the difference between a fire truck and a fire engine.

You pray whenever you see an ambulance or fire engine racing down the road.

8 comments:

Rachel and Family said...

I loved catching up on your blog!!
I can't believe how much scrapping you got done! You and your sis are most impressive!
The pics of the kids and Lily are so sweet. As always you look fabulous! And I also love the pics of you and Steve, you two look like you belong together!
Love ya, miss ya
xo

Jennifer said...

That is so true. The first aid kit is sad, but very true. Looks like you're going out of town when he pulls the thing out. :)

Cat said...

I don't know HOW you did this blog while getting ready to leave, but you pulled it off. The two of you look GREAT together!! I love you so much, Stacie! Thank you for your prayers the other day.

Parsley said...

I'm smiling. This is so familiar to me too!

Suburban Simplicity said...

That is so neat. My High School boyfriend is a paramedic. In fact we broke up so he could dedicate his time to becoming a paramedic. However, I married a plumber and I still understand the emergency calls - I cringe at the sound of his Nextel radio beeping :)

Sandra

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Those are great, Stace, and so true!

One Heart said...

When I saw the title of your blog, I thought I'd stop. My son is currently training to be a firefighter--truly has a passion in his heart for it. You're a firefighter's wife and I'm a soon- to-be firefighter's mama. Thought I'd look to see how things look from a wife's point of view. I love this post--cute. Will share it with my son.

Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this. I'm a stay-at-home home schooling mother of three girls as well as the wife of a wonderful firefighter in Denton, Texas. I know three other home schooling firefighter's wives in our homeschool group. It's great to have the fellowship. Still, I am amazed at all you are able to get done! Thank you for blessing us moms!
Andrea

Related Posts with Thumbnails