Saturday, July 18, 2009

Saturday's Musings





Yesterday we dropped Josh off at Camp Morrow's horse camp. It is always such a weird feeling to drop your child off and leave him under another's authority for three days. I know he will have a blast. There are only two other boys at the camp, the rest are a bunch of girls. He gets along with girls really well. He has know idea that he is supposed to be grossed out by them at this age! The girls love him because of that, I think. LOL!

We went to my brother, Jerry and his wife, Sonya's house for a BBQ. I don't think I have ever seen Jerry cook before. He grilled us up some amazing rib-eye steaks! Yummy!
This week has been kind of hectic, but fun. We have been socializing quite a bit lately. I haven't had to cook much because of it.

Today, I'm going to grill hamburgers for dinner. I surprised Marcus this morning and told him he could have his best-friend, Nathan over to spend the night. He was thrilled. He doesn't have to share him with Josh!

I am going to spend some fun time with my kiddos today. It is supposed to be hot, so we are going to set up the pool in the trellis house (it was ruining the yard) and play outside a lot today. I'm going to catch up on my watering and gardening (weeding is needing to be done and beans need to be picked).

I'm going to spend some serious time in the word today. I want to reread the first half of Romans. I think I need a good reminder about legalism. I have been caught up with a couple issues lately and I am going straight to the Word about it. I would also love to have a wonderful prayer time if the Lord allows it!

I need to catch up on my blogging, I haven't been able to read many posts lately. The last picture is of Paul holding Lily.

4 comments:

Amy said...

Sounds like a great day :) Can't wait to hear about your son's adventures at camp! Try to stay cool :)

Rachel and Family said...

Tell me about it! I haven't been on the computer for a few days... soooo busy! Don't forget to catch up on my blog (he!he!). I always start with yours first.
Cute pic of Paul and Lily! He loves babies more than I do I think.
I think that family photo of you all at the WAAM Museum is PERFECT! Everyone's looking at the camera and you look so beautiful. Frame that one.
Be careful weeding in this heat! I don't want a dead Stacie from heat stroke!
xoxo

Cat said...

Don't you love when the LORD puts the desire in/on our heart to get into the word? Nothing can satisfy like that. My pastor adores the word, says he holds it equal to the parts of the trinity..if that's possible.

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Remember, doubt can be a good thing. Doubt can make you dig deeper into the Word to seek the Truth. I know the Holy Spirit is all over you, Sis! "Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path". I love that you don't just believe what others say, but that you seek out the Truth for yourself with the the Spirit as your guide. That is what we are supposed to do. Love You!

Related Posts with Thumbnails