Thursday, July 30, 2009

Punctured Ear Drum


The other day, Jacob came out of my bathroom screaming. He had a Q-tip in his hand. I asked him if he had shoved it in his ear. He nodded. The next morning, I saw dried blood on the outside of his ear. I took him in to see the Dr. and they confirmed that he had punctured it. Poor baby! He is on antibiotics to prevent infection and can not have his ears in water for at least a week. I will now be putting my Q-Tips way up high from the little ones. The doc says that his hearing should be fine, though. That was my main concern for him. He doesn't seem to be in pain anymore.

I took Lily in to see the doctor today and she is growing like a weed. She is now over 13 lbs!

Josh, Steve and I all have a minor head-cold right now. I'm already tired from not sleeping. Lily has been trying to cut her bottom teeth since I went to visit my sis. She has had a fever on and off so we weren't able to get her shots done today either.

Today was the last day of swimming lessons. I'm so grateful they are over. I hate rushing around in the morning and HAVING to be somewhere. I'm not used to that and it stresses me out. I can't wait to get back into my routine of homeschooling in the morning and then relaxing, cooking and playing with the kids in the afternoon/evening.

It has been so hot here lately (106 degrees in the afternoon) that I have taken pity on the kiddos and let them watch a movie while I nap. It works as long as Lily and Jacob are sleeping. You go outside in this and you just melt like a Popsicle! I don't even feel like gardening in that kind of weather and my yard is showing it. Weeds are everywhere! It is hard to stay on top of it with a four month old, so I give myself grace.

Jackie gave me a cook book (early Christmas present, I know REALLY early), but I have been having fun looking at some new recipes and making up a menu. I should be able to shop tomorrow, so I can try some of them.

Steve is off today and has gone on three calls so far. He comes in, he goes out, he comes in , he goes out! I forget to say goodbye to him half the time!

I went and looked at a 12 passenger van today. It was in really good shape and they only wanted $8,000 for it. It was a 2001 and had 70,000 on it. I'm starting to feel hope that we will get a decent van when the time is right. I just keep praying that God will put the perfect van in our path. It also helps to have Paul (our good friend), be looking for us. He is an amazing businessman/pastor who has been dealing vans since he has been with The Salvation Army.

That's about it, just trying to stay cool and get to feeling better. Hope everyone else is having a wonderful day!

8 comments:

Parsley said...

Oh..my ear hurts just thinking about it. Praying for healing.

Sorry you have a cold. Have you ever tried Zicam swabs? They work wonders at shortening a cold. Don't use the spray as it goes too far in the nose. Swabs are safe even for 2 year olds.

Hot here lately but over the past few days we've had blessed rain. Was 100 now in the 80s but we know it won't last.

candy said...

Oh my I can't even imagine how that hurt the little guy. I know the Lord will take care of him. We will pray for him too.
I know it is so hot! I went out bare foot yesterday to check on the air con.. I didn't want it to freeze up. Then I saw that the climbing rose needed water so I walked over there, HOT My feet wereburning so I turned on the hose not thinking it was scalding hot too. I just wanted to cool my feet off quick.I burned my feet, It hurt to walk on them the rest of the evening. Dennis layed hands on them, and they are fine, No blisters. If there is anything I can do to help let me know. I work this Sat. then Mon.

Suburban Simplicity said...

Ouch -- I feel for him. I had water behind my ear drum from a diving incident in high school -- they had to go in and remove the water - was not a fun experience.

Cat said...

Oh, Stacie, what an ordeal! Little Jacob, little Lily and you two parents with health challenges right now. I don't get it: Steve is off, but he gets calls. Is he off or not? I'm praying for all of you. I'll be there on Wednesday (at Kelly's) so we can take off early Thursday morning for a camping trip to Bellingham for my mom's 86th. I'm SO excited!!! Maybe I'll see you when I get back on Monday or Tuesday the 10th/11th before I come home. (??)

RaD said...

Wow! 106 degrees! It's only been in the low 80's here and I live in California.

I forgot you had mentioned that you published in magazines before. I was asking about the book thing because my husband and I manage our church bookstore and I would definately stock your book if you ever got one published. As it is I do direct women towards your blog for the devotionals.

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Parsley,

I have been taking Zicam tablets and they do seem to be helping. thanks for your prayers.

Candy,

I'm so sorry you burned your feet. I'm glad you are all right. I was wondering if tomorrow you might be able to watch the kiddos so that Steve and I can go shopping and testdrive that van? Let me know if that works out for you!,

Catherine,

I would LOVE to see you!!! I think the 10th or 11th would be fine. Steve is off, but when there is a call he has the choice to go in on overtime. He got 10 hours yesterday of overtime.

Ruth,

Thank you so much for your compliments. I am praying about the book thing. God would have to honestly throw it in my lap for it to come true. I am interested, but not sure how I could logistically do it at this point. Also, thank you for pointing women to my blog. I hope that they will be blessed!

Rachel and Family said...

Poor little Jacob!

I know what you mean... I am most stressed out trying to get somewhere in time.

You should take pictures of your homeschool room to post. I think we'd all be interested to see it. I saw another one on Country Blossom and loved it. Yours is so nicely set-up too.

I hope you feel better soon.

xoxo

OurLilFullFam said...

Poor Baby! i sure hope he feels better and no infection gets in there!!!

The stuff they think to do...

Related Posts with Thumbnails