Sunday, July 5, 2009

Camping

This pond is beautiful. Unfortunately, it was located right next to the cabin. We were so scared the little ones would drown in it! It felt like we were constantly getting after them to not go near it.
Pretty lily pads.
I thought this was a unique fire pit. A track from a CAT!
Hailey wearing her shades. This pour kid had it rough. The second night we were there, she kept throwing up. It was all over her, her clothes and the tent (Rachel, does this sound familiar?) She was miserable when we left. Another scary thing that happened was on the way up to camp, the Suburban started acting up. I was driving and it started backfiring and missing. When I would accelerate, it would not go! Yikes! We are out in the middle of nowhere. We limped it along till camp. We finally figured out the next day (after I kept praying to God for wisdom) that it had vapor-locked because it was so hot out and we were pulling a trailer going really slow.

Steve and I would go again, but I would take a tent, a mattress or cot, and do it when I didn't have a nursing baby. Also, I probably wouldn't go for four days. Two days was plenty. I just hate not taking a shower. It really gets to me after the second day. I am so glad to be home. I even have almost every unpacked.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Rachel and Family said...

Ooooohhhhh!! I soo KNOW about puking kids and tents! Poor Hailey, but even poorer Jackie!! Paul and I ALWAYS have at least one puker when we leave town. Hannah puked ALL OVER herself, carseat and van seat on our way home from Twin Falls. Ann did her number in Seattle.

It looks like you tried to make the best of your trip... it sure didn't look comfortable to me. (I'm the same way about showers too.) Beautiful country pictures though. Josh looks like a natural country boy with his fishin' pole.
That pond near your cabin would've been my worst nightmare. I am paranoid about drowning.

I loved reading about your trip and looking at the photos. Well done!

Can't wait to see you on Friday, my friend!

Parsley said...

Girl..you are more brave than me. I gave up tent camping. So much work.

Cat said...

Well, I'm glad you went, and I'm even more glad you are home. The lily pads and blossoms are beautiful. I'm sorry about a sick child too.

Parsley said...

I corrected my post. It actually took me just under 3 years from white belt to black belt.

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

I'm going to post some pictures of the boys swimming in the pond on my blog soon (hopefully tonight). Cute pic of Hailey Baby!

Related Posts with Thumbnails