Sunday, June 14, 2009

Retiring An Old Friend

I finally had to do it... I fought for an entire year...I bought a new Bible.
When three sections fell out, I knew it was time for a new one. It's so hard to go to a different Bible. I have so many notes in the margin and how am I go to find anything when it's not underlined?.
I'm still going to keep it on a shelf for emergencies! The notes in it are precious to me, as well. I've decided to read through my new one and read all the commentary besides. It will take me awhile, but I love to be able to apply it to my life. The commentary helps me do that. So here is to a new Bible and a new season of life. Maybe I will be underlining completely different passages as the Word speaks to me again in a whole new way. I'm excited for the future!

3 comments:

Parsley said...

It's hard to switch I know. I assume you got the same version but keep it handy. You may find it a great heirloom to hand down to your children someday. :)

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

That's exactly what I would like to do! And yes, it is the same version. NIV Life Application is what I love.

OurLilFullFam said...

I love and also fear getting new Bibles for that reason!

I have a MacArthur study one Mr Brown bought me about 2 years ago and I love reading what he says!!

Enjoy!

Stephanie

Related Posts with Thumbnails