Thursday, June 25, 2009

First Tae Kwon Do Stripes!

I'm so proud of my three older children. They started Tae Kwon Do in January and just received their first stripe on their white belts (one of three). They can always practice more, but I am impressed how they have picked up on the Korean language and can remember their forms. Marcus was praised by his instructor for his work on flexibility.
Josh has been promoted to First Student and seems to have good form.
Jessica got one for trying hard, but was encouraged to practice more.
Here they are in class. Jeremy has high expectations and is very much in to discipline. My children really need both of these things from someone other than their parents. I didn't want to do Tae Kwon Do at first, but I think it is working out just fine. Congratulations, Guys! Mom and Dad are proud of you!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Cat said...

I'm so glad you got your kids into this form of martial arts. They are learning so much more than the 'form'!

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

They look so adorable in their uniforms. I'm so glad they are enjoying it. Tell them Aunt Jackie's so proud of them!

Parsley said...

Hooray for all! I know how much work it takes to get stripes on that belt. Keep it up! I'll blog about my TKD black belt test someday soon.

Lauren Ann said...

this has nothing to do with your post...the header picture is adorable. My first thouht was...i would be scared of that dog. actually i am scared of every dog.

Related Posts with Thumbnails