Saturday, May 9, 2009

To All Moms

“No one could have prepared me for this. Nothing I had read or seen could describe the exquisite joy of my soul. “I’m a mother!” Me! Oh, heart, be still. Who is this sweet face-so fresh from heaven-peeking out from beneath her blanket cocoon?

Oh, God, you have such faith and trust in me. Please stay close and whisper in my ear the things I need to know. I want to do my best.”

No one gives quite like a mother…it’s a season of self-sacrifice.

“My baby takes up all of my day-and all of myself.” The Bible says, “Come to me all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.”

No one feels used up quite like a mother…reaching the end of yourself.

“Being a mom requires such patience and self-control. My first response is to screech, but I can’t teach my children patience and self-control if I’m showing the opposite.” The Bible says, “The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.”

No one understands a mother’s love…quite like God does.

“Disciplining my children is difficult for me because I hate conflict. I have to remind myself that teaching my children to mind will save them from a lot of heartache in the long run. Allowing them to not obey is cruel.”

The Bible says, “Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it.” Also, “hear O Israel: the Lord our God, the Lord is one. Love the Lord your God with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.”

“So much of our success in life, after all, is measured by how well we are able to get through the times that aren’t so good-the times when we’re too tired, when we’re frightened, when we fail. If we are not around to serve as examples for our children, for how to get through those times and emerge victorious, then how will they learn the lesson? Few of us really are “born” for the job of mothering…It means being willing to confront the worst in ourselves and being brave enough not to run away from it.”

The Bible says “Praise be to the God…who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God.” Also, “Do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you.”

“Oh, how I love to hold my little ones close especially when they’re sad, touching their hair or faces, rocking them back and forth. Isn’t it amazing how no one ever has to teach a mother how to comfort her own child?”

The Bible says, “He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart; he gently leads those that have young.”

5 comments:

Jessica said...

Well said, thanks for this post! And Happy Mother's Day wishes (second time I've said so, but you deserve it a million times over!)

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Thanks, Jessica!

Cat said...

You GO, Stacie! What a powerful devotion. Thanks.

OurLilFullFam said...

Thank-you. Happy Mothers Day!!

Stephanie

Natalie said...

Happy Mother's Day Stacie.

Natalie ;D

Related Posts with Thumbnails