Sunday, May 3, 2009

Stacie's Norwegian Apple Cake

Aimee requested this recipe.

I healthied it up:

Stacie's Norwegian Apple Cake

3/4 cup sugar ( use a good raw sugar)
1/2 cup all purpose flour (I use Whole Wheat Pastry Flour. If you do this add a bit more flour)
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 md. tart apple, peeled and chopped or you can use a cup of canned peaches

In a mixer combine first six ingredients. Add apple or peaches. Pour into a 9-inch pie plate or an 8x8 greased pan. Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar if desired. Bake at 375 for 25-30 minutes or until knife comes out clean. Makes 8 servings.

I double this for my family and it's just perfect! They kids raved about it and it makes a good breakfast when you use the Whole Wheat.

5 comments:

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

I'll try to post that almond cake recipe you were wanting, soon. This one sounds great, too. I'm printing it out now. Do you think I could use sucanat and would turn out OK?

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

You could use honey, You could try it with sucanat. Maybe add a bit more for a sweeter taste?

Cat said...

I'm puzzled that this recipe calls for more sugar than flour. Is it written correctly? I almost always use sucanat when not using honey. And I don't have to use more because it is sweeter, so I use less. In fact, when I use honey I 'half' it.

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

It is written correctly. It's a sweet eggy cake. It's delicious! If I was using honey I would cut it down too, but I find sucanat doesn't taste as sweet, especially when I make cinnamon rolls. I always have to add more. I guess everyone's taste buds are different.

I missed you, too, Catherine!

Outside Oslo said...

Ooh, that sounds delicious! I've been wanting to find a good Norwegian apple cake, and I might have to try this one sometime. Thanks for sharing.

Related Posts with Thumbnails