Sunday, May 31, 2009

Cheering Him On!

Yesterday there was a house fire across from us by the Veteran's home. We could see the smoke really well. Steve went in on it since it was second alarm. We can see the road from our house, so when we heard that he was going to the fire in Engine 6, we all stood at the fence and waved (kids screamed). All of a sudden the engine stopped and we weren't sure what they were doing. Thought maybe they were stopping traffic or something. One of the guys got out and looked around like they had lost something. The kids kept screaming, but nobody seemed to look our way so they were disappointed. I woke up this morning and checked my email. This is the sweet note I got from my firefighter hubby!


I SAW ALL YOU GUYS AT THE FENCE WHILE I WAS GOING TO THE FIRE, AT FIRST ALL I SAW WAS ANDREW THEN I SAW EVERYONE. I WAS GOING TO SAY HELLO ON THE P.A. BUT A DOOR ON THE ENGINE FLEW OPEN AND WE HAD TO MAKE SURE WE DIDN’T LOSE ANYTHING. IT WAS GOOD TO SEE YOU CHEERING ME ON I LOVE ALL OF YOU.
DADDY O!

The kids are going to be so happy when they read this! It makes me want to cry...

9 comments:

Jennifer said...

I am jealous. Somedays I wish we lived in the same city that my hubby worked. I'd love to see him in action. Congrats on having a real hero. :)

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Thanks, Jennifer. I'm glad we get to see him in action, too.

Jessica said...

That is amazing! How cool that he was gonna give you all a shout-out, too, if he could have! What a special moment! (I hope nobody was hurt at the fire)

Candy said...

That is wonderful. Everytime we see the ambulance go by or in town somewhere we're always looking for Steve. I know his family is so proud of him, so are we. Thank you Steve for everything you do. It is notan easy job and so dangerous at times. We are so thankful for you. Love candy.Wyatt,MaKenna and Dennis

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

No one was hurt, praise the Lord!

Cat said...

You have quite the hubby, don't you, my dear!? I'm glad, because you deserve it! Go Steve!!

boldnew

Jenn said...

How great it is for the kids to see Daddy in action. We get to see our terrific Dad in action too. We're his biggest fans!

Timmy's Girl said...

This has got to be one of the cutest things ever!! Stacie, you are blessed with that sweet firefighter of yours, but it is VERY apparent that you know so.

Thanks for always blessing my flip fops off on my blog. You are sooo sweet and I look forward to your comments!

xoxo, Veronica in CA

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

I haven't been to one. They don't ever seem to come to Oregon. Steve offered to let me go to the one in California, but I told him it was too far. It was nice he offered. I keep hoping they will come to Oregon one of these days. I did the next best thing, I ordered her DVD (mini-seminar).

I can't believe you remember that article, that was a while ago!

Thank you also for your sweet comments. I love to go on your site. It always encourages me. I do pray for you, Sister! Can't wait till you have that baby. I know these last weeks are miserable. Hang in there!

Related Posts with Thumbnails