Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Blessed By My Husband



I have been feeling rather unappreciated in my mother and wife role lately. I usually don't get down about things like that and try to keep the focus off of me, but maybe hormones have something to do with it. Sometimes you start having a pity party for yourself.

I had prayed on Monday night that God would help me love my family the way He loves my family. I specifically prayed that God would help me love my husband in this way. Little did I know that He would answer that pray in such a sweet and swift way!

The next morning, I got up, got my decaf coffee and sat down to look at my email before the little ones woke up. I saw an email in my box from Steve. He was working and he has made it very clear that he wants to use his email for WORK only. I do not email him and he does not email me. I can respect that. So I was very surprised to see an email titled "Mother". Figuring it must be a Forward, I opened it up. (He gave me permission to share this)

THIS IS JUST A SMALL REMINDER TO YOU FROM ME, YOUR ABILITY TO MOTHER IS AMAZING YOU DO MAKE IT LOOK EASY, I NEED TO REMEMBER MORE OFTEN TO TELL YOU THAT. OUR KIDS ARE GROWING UP A WAY THAT MAKES ME VERY PROUD OF THEM AND YOU, I KNOW THEY WILL BE AMAZING ADULTS THAT RAISE AMAZING KIDS BECAUSE OF YOU. OUR KIDS AT ONE POINT WILL LOOK BACK AND TELL YOU ALL OF THIS THEMSELVES, SO UNTIL THEY DO JUST REMEMBER WHAT IVE SAID, THE KIDS AND I LOVE YOU VERY MUCH.

A FIREFIGHTER

I was bawling and thanking God for answering my prayers! My husband is not a words of affirmation person. That is just not his gift, so this means so much to me. I printed off two copies, one for my scrapbook and one for my Bible.

I had shared with him on Sunday that someone had come up to me at church and had told me, "Stacie, you make mothering look easy!"

I honestly laughed and said, "If you could have seen me yesterday, you wouldn't say that!" I went on to tell her about bunk beds crashing completely over on their side, tulips being ripped out by the bulbs, a toilet that was plugged, but kids kept pooping in it anyway, and the irrigation water breaking! By the end of the day, I'm sure I had yelled at everyone of my children and had breathed murderous threats!!! I can laugh about it now, but it was crazy!

Another sweet young lady of one child came up to me and asked, "So is it hard having six children?" I sweetly said, "Yes, it's hard! But it is worth it!"

After sharing that with Steve, he didn't say anything, but he must of been thinking about it. Because he sent me that nice email the next night.

In my mind, my husband "rised up and called me blessed". Thank you, Lord! Help me continue to strive to be that virtuous woman "who's worth is far above rubies."

6 comments:

Natalie said...

Sometimes there are days inbetween feeling appreciated but when you get a loving reminder it makes it so much sweeter. I love the God didn't make you wait long ;) Motherhood isn't for the weak huh? Sometimes if I'm having a off day I'll just hug my husband and tell him how much I love and adore him,
it makes me feel better and makes him feel loved. This works with the kiddos too :D

candy said...

I tell people all the time what a wonderful mother you are and your kids are so good. My sister shares that with people also.I know though how you were feeling and yes I do think It has to do with hormones and being tired and over whelmed at times. I've been there and still get there even though my kids have grown and moved away.God is faithful to us He knows our hearts and what we need. Love Him. Thank you Lord for helping Staci so swiftly.

candy said...

I got off your BLOG and thought I should say something to Steve too. He is a wonderful Dad. His kids love him dearly. He is also a wonderful husband He is sensitive to you, Stacie. I have seen him take over the baby, or the kids when you are tired. He wathed ittle Lily so yu could take pix of the snowball fight. You are a good man Steve, know that. Love Candy

Jessica said...

Thank you for your kind words...you are so nice, I wish I could just shrink you up and carry you around in my pocket! I appreciate the compliments, I never take that kindness for granted! And, yes, it truly was lovely to spend Mother's Day with my hubby--he actually works many Sundays, plus since he sells jewelry, he's busy during such occasions as Mom's Day! So that was a special treat in and of itself. Sounds like your guy really made your week, too---love that story! Way to go Stacie's hubby!

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

That's awesome, Stacie. I know you really needed that. Everything he said is true.

Love Ya, Sis!

Cat said...

Just a few words are what we need to sustain us, to life us up; aren't they? Steve did that for you. Sometimes it feels as if we are living in a dry and thirsty land, we can't carry our water with us, so when the one dearest to us gives us words of encouragement, it is like a falling rain, a river of life, a drink of water in a parched land. Let this be a reminder to all of us with our partners. Pov. 4:27 says "Do not withhole good from those to whom it is due, when it is in the power of your hand to do so." I always liken this with words of encourgement or praise for my husband. Steve was living this out for you, Stacie. Keep it close to your heart for peeking at later when you are dry again.

Related Posts with Thumbnails