Sunday, April 12, 2009

On the Hunt! Messy Eggs!

One of the grandparents gave Jess these gloves and a hat. She wore them all day!
For some reason every year we seem to have pictures of kids with Easter egg baskets on top of their heads. This year is no exception!
Jacob was totally into the egg hunt this year. He kept saying, "Oh, more!" whenever he would see another egg. It was cute!
They have a huge yard to find them in. I made all three Papas hide the eggs. Too bad Steve had to work, he would have enjoyed watching Jacob.

Mom took Josh, Marcus and Jess to the Sunrise service at Pulpit Rock and then they went and saw "The Resurrection" scene at First Christian. I took Lily, Jacob and Andrew to church with me and then Mom met us there with the other kids. So the older kids heard the Easter message three times this morning. It must have stuck, because right before bed Josh told Jesus thank you for dying for his sins. I just love to hear things like that out of the blue.

OK, the worst thing that happened today was I laid down to take a small nap. I thought Andrew was in his bedroom playing. Wrong! Jessica came and told me that Andrew made a big mess in the mudroom. That was an understatement! He had gotten into the fridge that was out there and cracked 2 and a half dozen raw eggs all over the floor. It was EVERYWHERE! Then he took a bunch of Easter eggs and deshelled them and smashed them all over the rug out there. After that, he must of looked around and realized that he was going to get in trouble because the mop was soaked with raw eggs. I wish I could say I didn't freak out, because I did. I made him clean it up and called Steve. There was no way that child could clean up that mess. Steve suggested I pay the boys five bucks to help Andrew clean it up. So I did. Well, the boys surprised me. They honored me by cleaning and sweeping most of the mudroom floor. Josh even drug the rug outside and beat on it for awhile. I was shocked! They totally went above and beyond what they were asked to do. I gave them hugs and big kuddos for it! It was awesome and now my mudroom is way cleaner!

That's about it. Christ has risen and I am thankful for it. I haven't had much time to reflect on it, but I try to appreciate it everyday not just Easter. I know God is giving me grace right now.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Cat said...

It appears that you have had one interesting and full day with Easter and family and 'eggciting' activities!

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Oh would have freaked, too. Josiah just broke an entire gallon jar of soured whey all over the kitchen flour. It was a stinky mess. The jar shattered, so we had glass everywhere, too. It is amazing how much liquid is in a gallon when it is running all over the kitchen floor. Thank goodness it was an accident or I would have really been upset.

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Did Jess like the dress we picked out for her?

Rachel and Family said...

Looks like a great Easter! I love seeing your pics!

What a big, ugly mess with the eggs! Paul just told me the other day that sometimes the kids need to see me mad! That's a motivator too. So good for you, freaking out! Go girl! (I bet it was still prettier than when I freak out!) What a waste too! Proud of the boys for helping clean up! What great guys!

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Jess liked the dress.

It was egg-scusting!

OurLilFullFam said...

Looks like such fun. Always something exciting happening isn't there?

Once, when I was pregnant with Piglet, Pear dumped a 50lb bag of flour on the pantry floor. Pepper, trying to be helpful decided to mop it before I could find out.

Do you know what happens when you mix flour and water? GLUE nad lots of it when it is spread out over the floor. Ugh - it was a mess, like I imagine raw eggs would be...

Related Posts with Thumbnails