Thursday, April 30, 2009

I'm Off!

Tomorrow I'm going to go on my first road trip by myself with six kids! Pray for me!!!!!

I will be going to La Grande to go visit my twin sis. I will first stop by Pendleton and do lunch with Mom. I think we will go to a tiny market that still has the real Jo Jo's and chicken strips with ranch. It's cheap and we can take them to Mom's if the weather is nasty or we can go find a park and eat them if the weather is nice. After that, I'll drive to La Grande. So I should get there about 1:00-1:30 p.m. That gives us lots of time on Friday to hang out.

We usually don't leave the house once I get there, but this time we are planning on taking the kids to a pizza buffet.

We will be catching up on American Idol and watching "A Dinner of Bitter Herbs" from Netflix. Sunday will be church, lunch then I'll be off again. It's a short trip, but should be fun.

I can't wait for Jackie to get to know Lily better.

Today has been busy. Homeschooled in the morning, made a Norwegian Peach cake, A quadruple batch of sausage gravy to freeze for breakfasts, made bread, ran errands, gassed up the Suburban, and paid the bills. I made Teriyaki Chicken and then made Thai rolls with the chicken for dinner. Oh, yeah I did three loads of laundry and packed six kids, too. I almost forgot to pack myself! Yikes, that would have been funny!

6 comments:

Jessica said...

Wow, I'm so impressed by all you can do in a day! Have a great trip!

Cat said...

I'm so glad you get to go visit Jackie!! You have a wonderful time; your kids are terrific, so it should be a piece of cake. Love to you, darlin'.

candy said...

You could of borrowed Jackie's clothes. Then wore yours home again. Havea great trip. Give Jackie my love.

CB said...

Hope you have a wonderful time with your family!!!

aimee said...

I hope you are having a good trip! Was wondering if you'd consider sharing your recipe (or link) for the Norwegian Peach Cake please? You see I haven't met any Norwegian deserts I don't love and that sounds really good:)
Blessings, Aimee

OurLilFullFam said...

I hope you have a safe trip and a wonderful time!!

Stephanie

Related Posts with Thumbnails