Sunday, March 15, 2009

Sunday's Happenings

Today has been really mellow. I have been fighting this terrible cough and it is making me ache all over. My stomach muscles are very sore, so I'm trying to rest as much as I can. I chose not to go to church today (I hate not going), but I knew I need to just relax. I hate it when people come to church coughing their heads off, so why should I treat someone else to that?

I called my step mom, Diana and she came to take Jessica and Andrew to church for me. Right before he was ready to leave, Andrew lifted up his shirt and I saw a rash all over the trunk of his body. I immediately though "chicken pox" but I don't think that is it after looking it up on the Internet. If it is, it is a very mild case. He has been vaccinated for it, so the chances are 85% that he won't get it. Diana and I decided that he shouldn't go.

Steve came home and watched the kids while I went back to bed. I actually slept! It felt so good.

We are not doing much today. The kids are listening to "Adventure's in Odyssey" right now on our new little CD player I bought for the kitchen. I love having it in there, now I can listen to CSN network (Calvary Satellite Network) and hear my favorite preachers. I've missed it! I also love their worship music and "Too Every Man an Answer" Live Call-In apologetics program.

I am just breading some chicken tonight, baking it in the oven and serving salad and rice with it. Very simple.

Yesterday, my friend Margaret came over and we watched a Beth Moore DVD together. It was very good. She even brought us over a casserole, so I didn't have to cook. It was very nice of her. The kids got to play with her kids for awhile, too.

Jacob just woke up, so I need to scoot. Thank you for your sweet thoughts, comments and prayers on my behalf. I think I might be in a better frame of mind today. I've done my Bible study and I am trying to cling to the Rock who is high than I!

4 comments:

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

So glad you are doing a little better today. You are being prayed through these last weeks of pregnancy, day by day by those who love you.

Cat said...

Cling, Stacie! We are praying continually for you.

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Thank you guys, some days are so tough!

God is showing me how blessed I am to have such prayer warriors lifting me up. I don't deserve it, but I thank you anyway!

Cat said...

You DO deserve, darlin'. You are are special to us, and even more special to God. You make God smile, girl! Keep goin'.

'trygotie' That's the word I have to type in order to leave my message today. It cracks me up!

Related Posts with Thumbnails