Saturday, March 28, 2009

Lovely Lily Feet

Here is another picture of my sweet little Lily's feet with my wedding ring. I stole the idea from my friend, Christina, who is an amazing photographer. Becky came by the hospital and took the sweetest pictures of Lily. I can't wait to scrapbook these!

We had a nice day. I went with Steve to give the 4 older kids to Mom. She gave me a really cool lawn chair for my birthday. I had asked Steve for one. They are really comfortable. I want to be able read a book outside in the summer.

Steve and I went to Bingen, Washington to an Italian place to eat since we had only two kids. It was so easy!

I nursed her when we got home and asked if I could go to the library and the store. I was able to get away for an hour. I went to the store and bought the fixin's for root beer floats, Starburst candies (I can't do chocolate while I'm nursing), and some Wheat Thins. I was so hungry! I was actually embarrassed at the check stand. I looked like a pig!

I am feeling better. My hormones are starting to get a little less intense and some of my painful issues are subsiding. I'm so glad. I can't wait to be the mommy that I've been wanting to be. I can't wait to take a hike with my kids in the spring air.

One more thing, I am so amazed at how soft my baby's skin is. It is truly addictive. I want to touch her constantly, kiss her baby soft hair and ears, smooch her sweet cheeks and tiny mouth. I'm addicted to my little Lily and it has only been 6 days. I can't tell you how much I love this sweet little thing.

I had the best night's sleep last night. Lily woke up only twice! I slept and slept, it was so refreshing. I just woke up praising God. Life always looks a little better when you have had sleep!

5 comments:

Jessica said...

Good times! Glad you're getting rest!

candy said...

I am so thankful that you are getting rest what a blessing. When Shilo was born (in the summer)she slept from 7pm until 12 noon the next day, I was so sore. I was such a young Momma 17, so I thought it was normal. Lily sounds like she is sleeping so good. So peaceful in her home. I love that picture.

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

This picture is precious. I want a copy!

So glad you are getting some sleep. It was great to talk to you today. Hope you get another good night's sleep tonight!

CB said...

What a precious picture! You sound so filled with joy at your new blessing!! The newborn days go by so quickly! I am so grateful you were able to get some rest...you are so right about how important sleep is!!!

Blessings!

Cat said...

"Newborn" just doesn't last very long, so this picture and your appreciation of Lily's every look, sound, and feel will heighten the memories you can savor later. This is such a quickly passing phase of life, Stacie. Thank you for sharing it with us!

Related Posts with Thumbnails