Monday, March 9, 2009

Looking Forward to Tomorrow

Well, I survived it. Five days without hubby with five children and being three weeks away from delivering. I didn't sleep much, but God carried me through this.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow. Steve will be coming home and starting his four days off. In the morning I'm going to go to Mom's Morning Out (by myself) and just enjoy some fellowship. We'll be talking about disciplining, so maybe I'll get to share about "Good and Angry". We'll see.

I was really irritated when I arranged for Margaret to come over and watch the rest of the kids so that I could take Josh to his appointment, and when we got there they didn't even have him in the system. So we had to reschedule it for Wednesday. We are hoping that we can get this rash taken care of. I think it went down into the follicle, so he'll probably have to have pills to get rid of it. Margaret was great though, and even told me to lie down after lunch for a few minutes before I had to take the kids to Tae Kwon Do. After TKD, the instructor told me that the boys were really lacking discipline today. Great... I told him, tell me about, I've been dealing with it all day. I put my children on more "breaks" today then I care to remember. I felt my temperature starting to rise and had to go into prayer. I even put them in front of a movie and tried to take a relaxing bath.

Josh just kept getting angry with his siblings and me and would start to yell and talk disrespectfully. After his breaks we would discuss the heart issue behind it. Marcus was being a smarty pants most of the day as well, so we had to do the same thing. Andrew and Jessica were better today they they were yesterday.

I only got one and half hour of sleep last night. I had finally gotten to sleep, then Jessica woke me up with a nightmare. I again started to drift off and then the dog wanted out and started to bark. Talk about frustrating! It was one of those nights that I just laid there wide awake wondering who I should pray for next. I don't know if it was the full moon or hormones. Oh, I hope tonight goes better. God and I have already talked about it.

Steve really enjoyed his EMS class this weekend. We talked some about it when he got home around nine last night. But I almost made him late for work this morning because I had finally gotten to sleep around 6 a.m. and luckily woke up at 7:15 a.m. He barely had enough time to get ready for work since he uses me as his alarm.

That's about it for now. Not much happening, just looking forward to some "me-time" tomorrow after this long stint without Steve's help.

I did go out to my parents ranch on Saturday and we had a very nice time. Just hung around and talked most of the day and then she fed us. I don't ever get to do that. Just wished the weather was better. It keeps snowing on and off. It is supposed to be unusually cold tonight, too. So we'll see if we wake up to snow.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Oh, it's amazing what a difference it makes in the home having our partners around, eh? I hope you enjoy the reunion with your hubby!

Cat said...

I am praying for relief for you in some way! God is faithful, and i don't know why He doesn't let you sleep. To Him be the glory when you do!!

OurLilFullFam said...

Ah, just like satan to step in and try to take away God's glory. That's okay, God will get the glory in this, as your children will grow in His knowledge!

Enjoy your time and your husband!

I pray you get some good sleep tonight!

Related Posts with Thumbnails