Thursday, March 19, 2009

He is The Song In the Longest Night



I heard this song yesterday and I thought it is true, "He is the song in the longest night!".


I was able to sleep two hours then woke up from 12:30-3:30. I fell back asleep and slept till 6:00 a.m. It was wonderful! I feel refreshed and awake this morning. The fog feels gone. Thank you for all who have prayed for me!


Last night I watched a really good movie on our little laptop movie viewer called "Cranford" It is a sweet movie with some cute themes and is very clean. It has some very funny scenes in it as well. It is long, so I watched three of the episodes last night. I'll probably save the rest for tonight in case I have trouble sleeping.


I go in to see John today. I talked with him last night and he said he would do the pressure points today! I'm excited to see if they have any effect at all and send me into labor.


I wouldn't mind waiting though because we are to having the Chouinard's over for dinner tomorrow night. We would sure hate to miss our time with them! I'm going to do a baked potato bar. Steve is starting his four days off so he will be able to help me. Our family loves baked potatoes. Then on Saturday we are closing our on the refinancing of our house. That is a biggie! I would love to get this done BEFORE the baby comes. So a few reasons to hang on for a few more days. The kids will be going to VBS for five days next week at The Salvation Army. I would hate for them to have to miss it.


I wrote a few thank you cards yesterday and mailed them off. It felt good to get that done. We also wrote to a new Christian prisoner in Vietnam.


I look forward to getting my "An Encouraging Word" magazine in the mail soon. Rachel has recieved her copy and said that one of my articles made it in. I don't know which one made it so I'm curious as a cat to see which one they picked out for their magazine. It's very exciting for me!


Now that I have a little sleep under my belt, I plan to homeschool today and have fun with my kids. I'm amazed at how Andrew is learning his letters. I'm not teaching him, Marcus, Jessica and a tremendous DVD called Leapfrog Letters has him captivated and saying all the sounds. Marcus even made Andrew his own set of flashcard letters. It was so sweet. I bought him his own preschool book the other day and he was so excited! He felt like a big boy.


You all have been such a blessing to me. Encouraging me and praying for me during this difficult time. It is amazing what a little sleep can do for your attitude! I'm feeling pretty good right now and am smiling at my children! I still haven't figured out what to fix for breakfast, but I'm smiling!


Love you all!

3 comments:

Cat said...

Oh, Stacie, when God answers our prayers immediately and to a TEE, we can jump for joy. I'll do the jumping, though, okay? You do the resting part, even though you have some sleep under your belt. I can hardly wait to read about how the massage goes. Yipee, ride 'um cowgirl.

Rachel and Family said...

Please wait until after tomorrow night, we want to come over! (jk! I totally understand!!)

Angela said...

Oh goodness gracious...I couldn't find an email for you on your blog so I had to comment. Please feel free to delete my comment. I just want to invite you to join our forum/site for firefighter wives and www.FireWives.com

Please invite all other firefighter wives! Help me spread the word. If you have questions please email me at calfirewives@msn.com.
Blessings!

Related Posts with Thumbnails