Tuesday, March 10, 2009

God's Provision!


I just had to share with you the new stroller that God provided for us. It has hard rubber wheels and the front wheel swivels! We finally wore out our old single jogger stroller and had to throw it in the dump. It lasted 10 years! Jacob LOVES this stroller and has a lot of fun with the steering wheel toy attached to the front of it. People were very generous at the baby shower and I was able to purchase this and a new playpen that we needed.

Also, God must have heard your prayers for me, because last night I slept like a baby for the first time in weeks! It was wonderful. I felt like a new woman. If I could just have a good night like that once a week, I would be a different person.

I went to Mom's Morning Out today and the topic was all about disciplining. We touched on having kids clean their room. I would love to have your opinion on what you do. I have heard both sides of the coin. The first side: We never make our kids clean their room, it's their space type thing. The second side: We require it to be clean every day before such and such happens. I really struggle with this and Steve and I are opposite in our views. So please tell me what your family does about it!

It was so nice having Steve home. Wednesday is going to be a full day. Homeschooling, prenatal massage, Steve's meeting, and AWANAs. I'm really looking forward to the massage! She works on me for at least an hour and a half. It just feels so relaxing and the best part is it is free because she's trying to get her prenatal license. I'll be her guinea pig! Nooooo problem!

I made a Greek Lemon Chicken dish for dinner tonight, which the kids didn't like that much. They ate it, but picked through the peppers and onions. It was easy and it was good. I was completely out of fresh fruit, so Steve went to the store for me and picked up some. Again, it's so nice to have him home. Pushing a shopping cart at this point is agony. I can feel my sciatic nerve tighten up by the time I get out of the store.

I also typed up my newest devotion today and sent it to my sis for proofing. It is called "Searching for Significance". I hope to get it out before the baby comes.

I am loving my Beth Moore Bible study on Esther. It was slow going at first, but now I can hardly wait for the next day's lesson. If you have never done a Beth Moore study, I would encourage you to try it. They are terrific. "Breaking Free" is my all time favorite!

That's all of my ramblings for now. Life is good and I'm trying to remain positive despite the pelvic pain that is always with me. Only three more weeks to go. God will get me through one day at a time. I know He will. Blessings!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Cat said...

I've been waiting on God to answer my prayers for you to sleep. He did! I praise Him to the heavens for this. I know you are a new woman for it. Personally I think you need more than a 'once-a-week' sleep, but we will take what He gives with great pleasure.

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

I'm so glad you got a good nights sleep. That stroller looks awesome! I'm going to keep my eyes peeled for one of those when yard saling season gets here.

Rachel and Family said...

I am always asking the same about bedrooms to other parents, because I'm checking to see if I'm just expecting to much or not enough! This is an issue that arises in our home a few times a year when the bedrooms are once again... out of control. Our ideal/expectation is that the kids need to have their rooms picked up every night by 5:15pm, dinner time. In fact, I want the whole house clutter (TOY!) free by then. It doesn't happen every single night though, due to real life, but most of the time it does. At least the standard is there and we're better off than if there was no standard at all. Personally, the messes make me crazy, but more importantly, I think they need to learn to take care of their stuff. Stewardship. And if it's more than they can handle, than out it goes. I've marched around the house with a garbage bag several times in the last 10 years.

Related Posts with Thumbnails