Friday, March 20, 2009

A Different Attitude

Today I'm choosing to have a different attitude. I'm going to think long-term here. My due date isn't until April 1st, so I'm going to stop expecting this baby to come early. I always get it in my mind that it will, when I've never had a baby more than 3 days early. So what am I thinking?

I'm going to enjoy the moment right now. Today is going to be a full day. I have an OB appointment (check my cervix, which I know will not be dilated). Steve is going to take the kids to the park because it's such a nice day. Then I get to go pick out a dishwasher (ours suddenly died) and then he is going to take us to a new restaurant for lunch called "Lilo's Hawaiian BBQ". Then we need to go to the store and buy some last minute things for our dinner tonight.
Then we will come home, hopefully get a nap in and then start getting ready for our Baked Potato Bar night with the Chouinards. I'm so excited because the sun is shining and that means that nine kiddos are going to be playing outside which leaves the adults to TALK!

The massage with the pressure points didn't do anything but give me 2 or 3 really powerful contractions. It's just too early and my body wasn't ready.

We close on the refinancing of our house tomorrow. I'll be glad to get that done and out of the way before the baby comes. Our payment will go up but we just cut 12 years off of our loan. Boy, does that feel good. Especially since Steve has lost so much of his retirement on the stock market. Getting out from under any debt is crucial and doubly important when you have lots of children to support.

God has relieved some of the hip pain that I have been experiencing. It hasn't been quite as sharp. I think resting the past two weeks as much as I can is helping. My stepmom, Diana even brought me over a meal last night, so I didn't have to cook. It was so thoughtful and sweet. I just love my family!

6 comments:

Rachel and Family said...

Looking forward to tonight. The boys were already talking about it at 6am this morning, and of course, I've got Ann harassing me about it.

I didn't know that BBQ place was open yet. Let me know how it is. We love when a new resturaunt opens!!

xoxoxo

Jessica said...

Enjoy your sunshiny day!

Cat said...

I love Hawaiian BBQ, you are so fortunate!! I'm happy you are resting, and having a social occasion to recall in your memory bank later. You have a good dad for your kids, Stacie!

CB said...

I do that also, toward the end...I try to have a different expectation, that I'll be late even..so that I'm not depressed & disappointed when I don't go into labor early. I got very surprised & lucky last time, he was 3 wks early.

Enjoy your day today, sounds wonderful!!

Toni Floyd said...

You were in my thoughts today, especially when I read this during my bible devotion.
PSALM 63:6-8
I lie awake thinking of you,
meditating on you through
the night.
Because you are my helper,
I sing for joy in the shadow
of your wings.
I cling to you;
your strong right hand holds
me securely.
I'm praying for you, you're almost there! Love you, Toni!

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Thank you everyone for your kind words!

I love that verse, Toni!

Related Posts with Thumbnails