Sunday, March 22, 2009

Consumed?



Our pastor made me think today when he asked what we were consumed with. I examined my heart and realized that right now I am consumed with many thoughts. Here are just a few:


1. Having this baby early.

2. How am I going to handle six kids?

3. What will homeschooling be like with six kids?

4. Will I be able to give my attention to all of my children?

5. Will Jacob be jealous of this new baby?

6. What will labor be like with this one?

7. Will my doctor be on call?

8. Will I be a good wife and mom or will I be spread too thin?


These are the thoughts that have been consuming me for about a month. This is NOT where God wants me to be. He wants me to be consumed with Him. I had to repent and confess that I have not been a good witness for Him. I have been a whiner and complainer when I could be counting my blessings and bringing Him glory. Forgive me, Lord!


This is my prayer today:


"I want to be consumed by Your love, Your power, Your might. I want to feel Your strength running through my body as I run out of my own. I want to look around me and count each and every blessing that You give me everyday. Help me to see the laughter and smiles as I wipe dirty faces. Help me to see the blessing of having a wonderfully large home as I sweep and clean it each day. Help me to see the blessing of homeschooling my children even when we are struggling through a concept or a lesson. Give me a thankful heart as I prepare nourishing food for my husband and children. Let me NOT grow weary in doing good. Let me not grow weary in teaching my children kindness, self-control, and to put others before themselves. Consume my thoughts, my heart, my soul, Lord! Change me from the inside out!"

5 comments:

Cat said...

We are always so ready to change, fix, reassemble, and dress our outsides. Why is it so hard to even remember it is our insides, our hearts that need changed, fixed, reassembled and dressed up. Oh, my, Stacie, you hit the nail on the head. Go and do well! I will do the same.

Jessica said...

You're on a great track, your prayer is very timely! And while I appreciate the compliment you left me, it's just not so! I try to post the pics that I think make me appear smaller or hide more than other choice photos! But regardless, I luv food, so I'll always choose dessert over being super-model skinny **Mmm, chocolate!**

Amy said...

You are going to be a great mother whether you have 6 kids or 16 kids. You are home with your kids and that is one of the best gifts you could ever give them. I know you are at that miserable phase and everything is hard right now but your are doing a wonderful job!!!! God will see you through these last few weeks and he will give you strength :) Remember you and your family continue to be in our prayers!!!!

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

See, you give up control and God has room to to move in your life. Congratulations on going into labor early. I can't wait to find out what it is! I know you'll get this after the fact, but I can't sleep knowing you're in labor right now. I'm praying for you so hard! I can't wait to hear from you again! Just waiting for the phone call....

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

P.S. Love your new blog layout and the pictures on the sidebar. Good job, sis! Looks like you got a few more followers, too. Yeah!

Related Posts with Thumbnails