Thursday, February 19, 2009

Just Stuff

Here I am, it's almost 3:00 a.m., so why not blog when you can't sleep?

Yesterday, I homeschooled then I was able to get a massage after lunch. My back and sciatic nerve were really tight and I immediately felt some relief. He really worked my legs over and I was surprised at how tight everything is. He said it's because of my pregnant waddle. Oh my, I'm waddling again. Here comes that gigantic penguin!

The older boys and Jessica were being very disrespectful to me, so Steve had to lay down the law again about how to and how not to treat their mother. I am so glad he backs me up.

Steve burned more of his tree that he cut down. He has been burning almost every day that he has been home. I like to see him working outside, staying busy. The kids love being out there with him, too.

I'm so looking forward to gardening with the kids this year. They will be older and more helpful with the weeding. It's something we can do together and get excited about. I love to see the new growth peek out of the dirt and watch them discover it too.

I just went on Amazon.com and bought several books that I keep hearing about. I bought Summer of the Monkeys by Wilson Rawls (if you haven't read this to your boys you are missing out! We just finished it for the second time and the kids and I were in tears by the end, of course after we had laughed most of the way through it.) I got it for a penny! I keep hearing about "Passionate Housewives Desperate for God", so I bought that one. I also bought one on how to handle your anger when your kids drive you crazy. I can't remember the name of it now, but I'm hoping it will get me inspired to stop lashing out at my kids when they do "not-so-smart-kid-stuff".

I also went ahead and bought the Audio Cd set for "Daniel" (Beth Moore). I really don't think I can complete the study without the sessions. So when I'm done with "Esther" I'm going to go back and listen to all of the "Daniel" sessions again and review the work before I pick it up again. Can you tell I like to have a plan?

I found Andrew's Cubbie patch in his book and he was so sweet. He said, "Thanks, Mom, for finding my patch for me." He was so excited as he watched me sew it on to his vest. I'm so glad he likes to go to AWANAs. The kids are all excited about the AWANA Grand Prix coming up in a week and a half.

Today, Margaret is supposed to come over and share with me about the amazing financial seminar that their church put on. I'm hoping to glean some information on how to manage our finances better. I think I do a good job, but there is always room for improvement.

Good report on Josh! Trudy (his educational therapist) says that he is showing great signs of understanding math concepts. This has been such a struggle for him, so I am excited that he is moving forward in this. It makes my job so much easier if he understands the concepts behind the problems. He will get tested probably in March and as long as he shows improvement, we are safe to homeschool him. I'm pretty sure that won't be a problem.

Jessica has been giving me lots of "attitude" when it comes to homeschooling. I am working more on reading and it is more work for her. She would pick out the same phonics book over and over but I am making her stretch herself. She gets really mad at me and I have been sending her to her room until she is ready to come out and be willing to learn again. It takes her awhile sometimes, but she can't stand to be away from everyone for too long. Silly girl.

Vern and Ethel (Steve's folks) are coming up with Callie (Steve's brother's daughter). They will come on Friday and leave Saturday. Jacob is turning two on Friday, so I'll make them a nice dinner then the other grandparents will come and we'll have a little party for him. I'm going to make "Death by Chocolate" for the occasion and stick two candles in it. I just don't want to spend the money on a cake and he isn't going to remember anyway!

Mom is bringing up a dresser for the new baby. I have a great spot cleared away in a closet for it. I love free furniture!

Well, I'm getting sleepy again, so maybe that's a good sign. I'm going to try to go back to bed again and maybe get another hours sleep before I have to meet the day head-on! Praise God for His strength when I am so tired and weak. He keeps me going even when it doesn't make any sense.

6 comments:

Cat said...

I hope by the time you read this that you have gotten some sleep. I did hear about the financial seminar, and it was good for both of the people we care about so much!

OurLilFullFam said...

Thanks Stacie for your sweet prayer!

You will like your new books I am sure.

Even though its supposed to be my husband who gets the Todd stuff (which he does love to read) I like reading them too, for his insight into messing up, losing your cool, etc. We are listening to his "lies homeschooling moms believe" cd in 2 weeks at a homeschool mom get together. I'll let you know how it is.

Love Beth Moore. She is on a tv show called Life Today with James Robison every Wednesday teaching and I love watching her. I haven't done Esther yet, but would like to.

Enjoy your time with your family this weekend!

By the way, we just had to go over some things here about attitudes, etc. I am posting it this morning, so check it out if you get the chance.

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

I would love to know what some of those "lies homeschooling moms believe" are!

CB said...

Those books sound awesome, especially the one that had you all laughing & in tears...I love reading to my big kids. I still have wonderful memories of our Mom reading to us even when we were much older. It was a special time..& sometimes we took turns reading..especially if someone couldn't make it through because of tears :0)

Jonathan said...

I look forward to the day when I have a place of my own that I can work in and work on, having the kids tag along, trying to instruct valuable life lessons through ordinary chores. I'm a firm believer that learning about life should come from living an active life.

I too recently heard about the book "Passionate Housewives Desperate for God." seems to be catching on in popularity. I'm still loking for that book "Unchristian." Can't seem to find it. One of my friends recommended "Revolution," just after your sister did.

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

We are blessed to live on 2/3rds of an acre. There is plenty of things to do around here! The whole thing is landscaped so it is a lot of work. I don't mind it, but I like it when he does the big stuff like trimming and pruning trees, hauling hay for the horse, ect. Of course, I can't do as much when I'm pregnant.

I'm looking forward to reading some new books in my insomnia soon to turn into nursing hours. I need all the help I can get. I love testimonies and ideas from other people. I guess I'm always wanting to tweak my parenting so that I can do better, be less angry and show God's love better to my husband and children.

Crystal, I remember my mom reading to us and I KNOW that is one reason why I love books so much. It takes time, but in the long run it does tend to calm the children down when they are acting up. They really like me to read to them during lunch now, which is something new.

Related Posts with Thumbnails