Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!


I made crepes for breakfast and turkey noodle soup for lunch. We will dip some strawberries in chocolate (a first for us) which sounds really messy! Steve is home and has been using his new chainsaw which was our Valentine's Day present to him. I also made a Pork Pot Pie for dinner and even made an extra one to put in the freezer for when the baby comes. I have eight meals in the freezer so far, so that whoever is watching the kids won't have to worry about meals while I'm in the hospital.
Steve surprised me and gave me a gift certificate to ANZAC Tea Parlor! I was shocked! He hasn't given me anything for Valentine's Day since I don't know how long. I was so pleased. Usually he takes me out to lunch or dinner. He did both this year! What a guy. He knows how important it is for me to go out and have a nice conversation over tea and scones with my friends.
It is a sunny, pretty warm day here. I even saw some daffodils and tulips peaking out of the ground. Do you know how excited I am? I am so ready for spring! I need COLOR!!!!!
Hope you are having a good one!

6 comments:

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Happy Valentine's Day! How'd your chocolate covered strawberries turn out?

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

They started good, but I must have got the chocolate too hot. It started getting really gloppy!

Cat said...

I prefer an easier 'rich folks' way to do strawberries which is to dip them in sour cream, and then dip them in brown sugar. Kids can easily acomplish it, and it is nice to dress up and pretend you are quite wealthy, speak in a British accent or stick you pinky out as you do it. We used to have so much fun when my kidlettes were young with this.

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

We'll have to try that next time. I've never heard of that before. Sounds yummy and way easier!

CB said...

How SWEET! I am glad you are having such a lovely day! I hope you begin to feel all better real soon!!

Toni Floyd said...

Hi Stacie, we are going to decorate Valentine's Day sugar cookies (that I made from scratch) after dinner. Courtney is down at the station finishing up a report and won't be back for dinner. Speaking of which, it's in the oven (casserole) and is almost done. Hope to see you tomorrow! T

Related Posts with Thumbnails