Sunday, February 8, 2009

A Great Analogy!



Pastor Doug was preaching out of the book of James (1st Chapter). He said that Rick Warren had an amazing analogy that really struck him. He asked us if most of our days all lows or all highs?

Instead of life being constantly up and down, it is more like a railroad track. Each day is like one track that has lows and the other track running beside it is the highs. That is where we find joy in each day. Most days are not ALL bad. God wants us to LOOK for the blessings in each day!

I know that some days just stink and it seems that most of it is lows, but we can always see something that God has blessed us with.

I likened it to my situation right now. Yes, I am in pain from pregnancy, but I look at the five blessings surrounding me and realize that I am privileged that God is giving me another child to love and nurture in less then two months. It is a temporary sacrifice to bring a child into the world. It amazes that even the Bible addresses that women forget the pain that accompanies childbirth as she holds her child in her arms. It is so true. After each birth, I look into the face of that infant and say, "I'd do it again!"

As I was sitting in church, I asked God to encourage me and fill me with strength for the days that lay ahead. I felt Him speaking directly to my soul and I was humbled once more.

I am going to remember those railroad tracks! I want to grow and learn from the trials. I want to purposely find joy in my trials. Joy doesn't mean happiness. Joy doesn't mean that it's going to be fun and games. It means that God is going to give me peace and contentment throughout this pregnancy as He overwhelms me with His strength and power.

I'm counting on it! How 'bout you?

4 comments:

Cat said...

I'm counting on it too, Stacie! As the eyes of the Lord roam to and fro over the earth I want Him to find me seeking Him, loving Him and loyaling serving Him! You certainly are the example of that! You go girl!!!

Cat said...

Can we make that 'loyaly'serving Him?

CB said...

That's awesome!!

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Stace,
I'm praying for you for these next couple of months. They aren't going to be easy, but I'm seeing God answer those prayers already as you've figured out a way to get your kids to help more and it is working! I pray God will sustain you during these last couple of months as He always does. I can't wait to hold that new baby! I'm still praying it is going to be a girl.

P.S. I'm really looking forward to the Blessing Shower for you and Sonya.

P.S.S Thanks for the late night phone conversations we've been having. It has been so great to talk and pray with you without all the distractions from our kiddos. When hubbies are away, the sisters will play or should I say pray? LOL! You're the best and I love you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails