Monday, February 2, 2009

Getting Things Done











The kiddos are pulling through. Last night was rough, though. I put Andrew in with me on the floor beside my bed. He must have been miserable, he kept waking up moaning and whimpering about every 10 minutes or so until about 3:00 a.m. In the meantime, I could hear Jacob on the baby monitor waking up every half hour or so but then we would go back down. Needless to say, I didn't get much sleep last night!



When Jacob woke up in the morning I found that he had been sitting in a toxic, acidic poopy diaper for probably most of the night. I felt so bad as I washed his little bottom in the sink. He just kept screaming and tears where running down his cheeks. Usually if he is poopy he won't quit screaming and he will NOT go back to sleep. That's how sick he was, I guess.

This morning, I homeschooled and then around 11:00 I decided to be productive and get some casseroles in the freezer for grandparents who watch the kiddos when the baby comes. I made two different type of casseroles and put two in the freezer, and two in the fridge. I shouldn't have to cook much this week! After I made them, Steve said that he wanted to make cheeseburgers tonight. So I guess we'll start eating them tomorrow!

He took the kids to Tae Kwon Do. It's so nice when he's home! Jacob had an early nap and I laid down for a few minutes while Andrew watched Magic School Bus.

Here are some pictures of Jacob doing exercises with the other kids. He does everything they do, it's so cute watching him copy them. Then Steve told the kids to act silly, so here they are!
My family said that Pastor Steve was at church yesterday. He said he had a setback. Don't know what that means, but the kids were able to give him five and tell him hi.








7 comments:

Amy said...

Gotta love the youngest one trying to keep up with the older ones :) Great job on getting casseroles made ahead of time. When is your due date?

If you go onto the comment section of my laundry soap post and click on Phoebe's name you can get to her blog and get her recipe.

Rachel said...

Darling pics!

I hope the kids get better soon for your sake and theirs. Poor little guys.

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Thanks, Amy!

I'm due April 1st.

CB said...

Poor thing, sounds so so so pitiful!! I hate it when any of my babies are sick. I "do" kind of enjoy the cuddling, but it's hard to see them feeling so poorly. The pictures are adorable! I love getting a picture of all 5 of mine together playing (the one on my blog is our most recent). It is just so sweet! Do you ever have "most" of the family in the room & wish the baby that's napping or whatever would be there too? I always feel like someone is missing unless we are "all" together all the time. :0)

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

I like to be all together, but then I love it when the weather gets nice and they go play outside! It gives me some peace and quiet and I know they are using their imaginations and getting exercise. I am loving the trampoline!

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Cute pictures! Glad you are getting your casseroles made ahead of time. I made four of the potatoe ham/turkey casseroles yesterday. I made so many mashed potatoes! Why do a few, when you can do the whole bag and have leftovers?

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

I did two more after I posted. I decided to use up the two potatoes I had and make ham and broccoli pot pies. It worked great! I put both in the freezer.

Related Posts with Thumbnails