Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Early in The Morning (Again)

It's me again, at 1:30 a.m. Can't sleep, nothing new there. I was so tired though that I actually went to bed at 7:30. I don't know if that was a mistake or not, but I tried taking a bath and I felt myself falling asleep. I was afraid I would drown!

I got a wonderful prenatal massage from Debra yesterday. Owie! She worked on my sciatic and my hips, boy did it hurt, but I am moving a little freer today, so it was worth it!

I have to tell you that I prayed for God to encourage me last night when I couldn't sleep. I prayed specifically for Josh and his attitude with his homeschooling. I prayed that he would have the motivation that it took to change and to want to learn. God did it! Yesterday in the mail, a letter arrived for him that was all about taking the Young Hunter's Safety Course. I told him that it was a written test as well as a field test. He was so excited! This morning when after he did his chores, he got his schooling doing in an hour and fifteen minutes! That is amazing. The best part was that it was not all mistakes because he was hurrying through it just to get done. He barely made any! He even got 100 percent on his spelling. After I got done correcting his work, I had to pick my jaw up off of the floor! After praising him for a job well done, I asked him what his motivation was to do such a fantastic job. He simply said, "I felt really focused.". Hummmmm.

His Nana came over and he was telling her about his great day. I overhead him telling her about the "Hunter's Safety Course". I think that is what motivated him. Oh, thank you, Lord! You heard and answered my prayers so swiftly!

Jessica was so cute. Andrew asked to homeschool and I was busy trying to get all the papers ready so I asked her if she would teach Andrew today. She got some preschool papers and books and set him up with a pencil at the table. She was so sweet as she said, "If you need anything, I'll be right here." He was so proud of himself. I took pictures, but can't find my camera at the moment, so I'll download them later. I told her she would be good at homeschooling her children because of all the experience that she will have teaching her brothers (and possibly a sister?).

Afterwards, I let put shaving cream on the table and draw pictures and letters with their fingers. Andrew was hysterical! He had a blast. It kept him busy for an hour. I'm going to have to invest in some "Dollar Store" shaving cream! What fun, and they just thought I was the cat's meow!

Oh, it was a good day, yesterday. I got my Bible study done and I am enjoying it so much. I switched from Beth Moore's "Daniel" to "Esther" so that I can do it with my friend Catherine and her DIL, Lovella. We are emailing our thoughts and comments to each other and it has been a blessing to have more input. I love learning about what other people are learning. You know what I mean? God speaks to us so differently sometimes, it just amazes me. I love that about it Him.

Today is Mom's Morning Out. We are going to have a speaker come and talk to us about how to grocery shop better. Boy, we could all use that! If I get any great ideas, I'll share them with you. I am excited to see my friends and get out of the house for a bit. The kids LOVE going, because they get to see their friends, too.

BTW, great ideas everyone on the Valentine's Ideas post. I really enjoyed them and I think I might be inspired enough to make a heart-shaped pizza. I think the kids would get a kick out of that!

I'm going to go read, because frankly, blogging doesn't make my tired, I think it winds me up. Not a good combo for an insomniac! Blessings everyone...

1 comment:

Cat said...

Whatever works, use! I used to post a bulletin board with this acronym OT + OT = WKW, YD
On Task, On Time = Who Knows What, You Decide. There were several reward choices for people like Josh who had a hard time staying focused. I had some surprises in the back of my head for days like your Josh's yesterday like the Hunter Saftey reward. Oh it worked every time. We also had a 'point jar' for saving up points for BIG rewards. You are such a good teacher because you let God prepare the way!! I'm glad about Jessica too; she's such a little dear.

Related Posts with Thumbnails