Thursday, February 12, 2009

Ear Infections

On Tuesday, I ended up taking Jacob to the ER on suspicion that he had an ear infection. He was fussy for two days and finally started pointing to his ear and saying, "boo, boo". He did have one in his right ear so he started antibiotics Tuesday.

Yesterday, I started feeling crummy and then both ears completely plugged on me. I couldn't believe how fast it happened. I went in at 2:30 p.m. for my OB appointment and asked if he could check my ears. Sure enough, I had an ear infection in my left ear. So he started me on antibiotics.

I can hear out of my right now, but my left feels like I have an earplug in. It's driving me nuts and is quite painful.

Several people posted on my sister's blog about garlic and oil remedies for ear infections. Could you give me an exact recipe for that if you know it? I would love some relief. Praise God, Jacob seemed to be a different child yesterday. He was really feeling better. It's me that's the wimp now!

4 comments:

Cat said...

I hope Steve will be home to help you out today, since it looks like sleep is still and issue too, Stacie. A warm rice bag might be helpful held against your ear too.

OurLilFullFam said...

I put maybe 2 tablespoons of oil, and one little clove of garlic smashed up in there. I cook it just until it starts to sizzle, then turn it off. Stir it around a little, let it cool a little.

Then drop it with q-tips in the ear. I always test the temp on my wrist to make sure it isn't too hot.

I sure hope you feel better soon!

Jessica said...

Hi, I'm Jessica. I think maybe you came to my blog through my relatives? I read your comment today on my blog, thanks so much for sharing! I agree with you, and am glad for your insight. I just always wonder what it means to some to "dress your best". I know some people believe in wearing their "Sunday best" to church...what does that mean? I think it's about what's best or appropriate for the occasion...I mean, we'd all feel our fanciest in a ball gown or wedding gown, but it's not appropriate to wear for a day at the zoo, right? Much like you, I do like being 'ready' for my day, so if I need to hop in the car or answer the door for company I'm not in bedhead mode in the middle of the afternoon--and my hubby does appreciate my efforts, too! Thanks again, pop in any time!

Toni Floyd said...

Hi Stacie, little Calvin has an infection too but it's a sinus one. He also has a very bad cough with some congestion in his lungs. Dr. Alaimo put him on zithromax Tuesday and he is dong better. He's two so I know it's hard to see the little ones in pain not to mention fussy! Thank God for medicine! Hope you feel better too! Keeping you in my prayers, Toni.

Related Posts with Thumbnails