Saturday, February 21, 2009

Birthday, Facebook, Life

Yesterday, a friend invited me to join Facebook. I went ahead and did it and I now have a profile on there. I'm still not 100 percent sure what it is all about. I did notice that half of my church is on there, so it's kind of fun to see all the pictures of everyone. I think I much prefer blogging. It seems easier. So we'll see how it goes. I even saw my old Pastor on there. It would be neat to see what he is up to. I don't really want to get started on another "computer thing". Blogging is my thing because it's easier and has consolidated my emailing and made my life easier. I don't want to make things more complicated. I can get addicted to that kind of stuff really easy and I have to watch myself. Unfortunatly, I know me!

This morning started out early. Jacob keeps waking up around 5:45 a.m. (about the time I'm getting back to sleep). I felt the Lord put something on my heart for my monthly mother's devotion, but I was so tired I felt like the grammer and wording was all off. I sent it off to two different people to edit, so maybe they can help me. I kind of feel like I'm in a fog. I was able to do my Bible study after breakfast. That felt good.

Homeschooling this morning went much better then yesterday. Jess whipped through her work and so did Josh. The boys have been writing stories a lot lately and I've actually had to tell them that they have to stop writing so they can finish their other work. I'm glad to see that their confidence is up and that writing isn't so scary to them. It will be nice when spelling clicks for them. Sometimes the way they spell things drives me crazy! I'm a stickler for spelling and neat handwriting and both the boys aren't great at either. I'm trying to remember that they are kids and I think they are pretty normal in that regard. I'm just tired and don't have as much patience with it.

I took Jess and Marcus with me to run some errands. We went to the library first, where they each chose a movie. Marcus discovered the "Star Wars" series and grabbed three or four books. I love watching him discover the awesomeness of reading! I found another Mythbusters to serve as physics and science next week. They love these shows and don't even know they are learning. We then ran to the store and bought more hamburger buns for our pork pulled sandwhiches.

All the grandparents came and I invited everyone to dinner after making this huge roast. It was so easy! We threw some cheddar cheese on top and had corn on the side. I served Death by Chocolate for Jacob's "cake" and it was almost all gone by the time everyone left! Our family LOVES this dessert!

I will get some pictures posted hopefully later today of the party. It was relaxing and fun to be able to talk with everyone. I'm so glad our family gets along!

Mom brought me up my Costco order, my Azure (health food) order, a dresser, towels and washclothes (my grandma moved into a retirement home and gave me all of hers. Some are even new!), and a bunch of baby stuff from Jackie. I need to reorganize my house now!

I woke up because my hips were hurting so bad. I could hardly turn over. So I am waiting to see if some Tylonel will help. I'm going to go read now. Maybe I can get some sleep.

I need to figure out what to make for breakfast and lunch. My in-laws are here and I was thinking about some wheat pancakes and sausage. We can have the leftover pork sandwhiches for lunch. Don't you just love how I think out loud?

2 comments:

Cat said...

I'm with you on the challenges of Facebook. And I love your thinking out loud. I am praying for your hips too.

Anonymous said...

what is death by chocolate?

Related Posts with Thumbnails