Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Tae Kwon Do

Tae Kwon Do is a Korean martial art. Steve has been wanting his friend, Jeremy to teach our children this art for years. Jeremy has started classes at a local dance studio. Yesterday was the first lesson. Joshua, Marcus and Jessica are all in the same 45 minute class. It is so nice not having them staggered (time-wise). They have a little play area for the little ones and you can watch them as they do their lessons.

Jacob pooped and it really stunk so I had to go change him out in the Suburban. Afterwards I took Andrew and Jacob to go see Daddy at the fire station. When I came back, the kids were so excited and were wondering if I had watched them. They "hi-yaed" all the way to the Suburban and let me know how much they loved it. What I did see were my three children standing straight, following directions and seemingly very disciplined. It was GREAT!

Jeremy is giving us a great deal since we have three of them in. They won't get their uniforms for awhile in case they change their minds about not wanting to after this six week commitment.

I'm sure they are going to want to do it. They are even teaching Andrew and Jacob their "moves". It's pretty cute watching a three year old and one year old doing martial arts!

Today is going to be so nice. I am going to get a nice long break. Steve will watch the kids so I can go to tea with Rachel and then go get my hair done.

I'll homeschool before I do all that. What I don't get done, I hope Steve will help them finish.

Last night I stayed up till ten to finish a book. This morning I got up at 5:00, prayed and then read more of my "Love and Respect" book. It is an excellent book and has very good insight for God's vision of marriage. I hope to be able to put some of it into practice today.

I'm working on letting my words be few and even in the midst of conflict to not raise my voice, but have a respectful tone. "A gentle and quiet spirit" is worth much to God and to my husband. It certainly produces better results!

Tah-tah!

2 comments:

Amy said...

I have heard that is a great thing to get your kids involved with. How cute that they are teaching the younger ones. Enjoy your alone time today!!!

Cat said...

You sound so perky; I love it! This must be good for you too, darlin'. Have some great tea, conversation and delightful tidbits; I know I did.

Related Posts with Thumbnails