Wednesday, January 14, 2009

A Surprise Date!



Today has been full of surprises! Steve asked if I wanted to draw up a plan for the laundry room shelves. I figured out a plan, but he wanted to check out Home Depot before he built the shelves. I'm so glad he did! He asked if we could get a babysitter for a bit and just go look. We went and found the perfect shelving system to hold all the laundry baskets.

Candy came and watched the kiddos. We were able to go look at dogs at the shelter and then he offered to stop and get me a coffee at Holsteins. It was so thoughtful! We had a wonderful time together.

He even put them up for me today! I'll get a picture of it up as soon as I get home from my scrapbooking weekend. I have so much more room and it looks so much nicer organized. I have room to put another basket in for the next baby, too!

I have the car half packed and am ready to go bright and early tomorrow morning.

Right now, I'm snuggling with my little blondie boy, Jaker's Man. He loves to sit on my lap and watch me type. I just keep kissing his little blonde curls. I am one blessed mama!

Steve even spoiled me and offered to take the kids to and from AWANA tonight. I think someone is stirring the pot! Wink...

4 comments:

Cat said...

Wow! You are SO blessed. And you know it, Stacie. I'm very glad for you.

Rachel said...

What a good day! Steve is a real sweetie! Doesn't it feel great to get things organized just how you want it! I love shelves and compartments!!

CB said...

Hi, I'm not sure if you remember me, but we emailed each other recently (qf about snacks). I just wanted to stop by & say Hello! What a wonderful "Date" ha ha, sounds truly blissful & I can't wait to see a picture of the shelves!

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

yes, I do remember you. I'm so glad you are following my blog. I hope you will be encouraged as I share my life. As I always say to the ladies in Sunday school, "My life is an open book, if I think it will help or benefit anyone." I just want to be able to freely share what God is doing in my life. It seems a waste of His glory, to not be able to tell people of the great things He has done for me.

Related Posts with Thumbnails