Thursday, January 29, 2009

Stacie's French Toast Casserole

Stacie's French Toast Casserole

You'll need enough whole wheat bread to fill up at 9x13 casserole pan. Maybe 8 cups? We use the heels of our loaves, since no one likes them much. I just have a bag in the freezer. When it fills up, then I make this casserole. So put bread in first, then add fruit if you like. I like chopped up apples, or blueberries or even dried cranberries.

Sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg.

Mix together:
8 eggs
3 to 4 cups of milk or cream
1 cup of maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla

Pour over top. Bake at 350 (covered) until toothpick comes out clean. Do not OVER BAKE! Perhaps 45 minutes?

I usually let it sit overnight, so I can just pop it in in the morning.

We pour maple syrup over the top when serving, but we've done whipped cream, too. Sorry this is not very specific, but I just kind of made it up and I don't measure very often as you can see!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I will be making that! Thanks!

Cat said...

It sounds something like bread pudding!

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

It is a cross between bread pudding and French Toast! It's easy, that's why I love it! This makes enough for two breakfasts.

Related Posts with Thumbnails