Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Sleeping In/Thoughts

OK, so this isn't the most flattering picture of me, but it's hard to get a flattering angle when you have a 3 foot child taking the picture! I wanted to kind of show you how big I'm getting.
Ever since I got back from Scrapbook camp, my kids have been sleeping in. It's like Steve put some kind of spell on them! This is a miracle! It is now almost 7:30 a.m. and they are still sleeping! I have never been able to get them to stay in bed past 6:30.

I have taken a shower, prayed, done my "Daniel" Bible study, and blogged! Thank you, Lord!

My study today was on false-humility and self-loathing. I don't really think I have a problem with the self-loathing part, but I know that I can have a sense of false-humility about me, especially when it comes to singing or writing.

It is such a fine balance, isn't it? To have self-esteem, but to be completely humble at the same time. You have to constantly keep yourself in check and recognize the motivations behind certain thoughts that might pop up in your mind that there would be no way that you would share with other people. Remembering your worth is in Christ. He is the one that gave you a talent to be used for His glory, not for your own makes a huge difference.

Oh, my little Jaker's Man is waking up, so I need to go snuggle with him and then make a nice breakfast of eggs, sausage, apples and toast. Yummy! Steve will be home this morning, so he might help entertain the little ones while I homeschool the older ones. It is so nice when he does that if he hasn't been running calls all night.

Life is so very good at the moment and I praise God for His provision, friends, family and for blogging so that I can tell you about all of it!

9 comments:

Rachel said...

Just think... that is the same view your kids get! You look great! Are you pregnant or something?? (ha!ha!) Paul got on the kids last night for "making fun" of my belly! They were calling me a star destroyer and other BIG star wars terms to make fun of my girth! I didn't mind so much, it is big! but Paul was all over it! Too funny!

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Sweet Paul! Good for him.

CB said...

That's a great picture, you look great!! How far along are you? I always have my oldest son take pictures of me too :) About humility, I read an article on NGJ about it that was really good: http://www.nogreaterjoy.org/articles/general-view/archive/2008/february/06/mike-answers/

I also sing (& play guitar). I used to lead P&W at church. I really struggled with thinking I was prideful & feeling prideful & when people would tell me what a great service it was, I didn't know how to react or what to say. I tried not to think about myself, & just do what I was called to do, but I also struggled.

Cat said...

You look wonderful, VERY pregnant, and wonderful!

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

I love that shirt on you (and me)! I'm so glad we found some great deals on new clothes for you this weekend.

I agree with you about finding that balance when it comes to false humility. It is so hard to know what to say and how to think sometimes when we get complimented on stuff. You've come a long ways, Baby!

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Thanks, Ladies! You are so sweet!

The enemy knows my weaknesses and I fight pride constantly. It will be my "thorn". I've thought about not singing anymore, but that just seems to be like wasting your talent that God has given you to glorify Him. I think the balance is making sure that I never go up on stage without Him! Acknowledging to Him that He gave me my voice and knowing that I could fall flat on my face and forget the words helps, too!

Crystal, I love praise and worship and have lead it many times at women's retreats. It sounds like we have even more in common! It's fun having you on here!

BTW, I'm 29 and a half weeks now. It still feels so far away!

CB said...

Wow we really do!!! Do you happen to have an american bulldog? LOL & Woo hoo, you don't have much further to go, I'm so excited for you!!!

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

No Bull Dog, but we are looking for a big, not-so-hairy, family-friendly dog now that we lost our sweet Bubba Dog of 13 years. So you never know what we'll get.

CB said...

I'm sorry about your Bubba dog! :( God brought our dog into our life in a neat way & I'm sure you guys will find one too. It's hard to "not" have a dog if you've had one for so long.

Related Posts with Thumbnails