Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Praying, Insomnia, and Blessings


Last night was strange. I just kept waking up and praying for people. Finally about 4:30 a.m., I gave up. I prayed and prayed and then did my Bible study. I was done by 5:30 and the Lord graciously gave me another half hour of sleep.

My children kept coming to mind. I felt like I didn't have their hearts, and I prayed that God would remedy that.

Also, Pastor and Steve and his wife are supposed to find out what his diagnosis and prognosis is today. I can't imagine how they must be feeling.

My sister called last night and was having a VERY hard time. Her husband found out some very disappointing news concerning his job situation after he gets out of school. It seems that when he finally does hopefully get a permanent position in the Forest Service, he will be just months away from being sent back to war for a year. She realized that she was going to be a single mom for the majority of two years. Michael's work is in Enterprise and he wouldn't be able to come home until the weekends. She was really grieving and I don't blame her. There is a very good thing about this, though. We have been praying for sometime that she would not have to move away from her support system while Michael is off to war. God has answered that prayer. There will be no point in selling their house and moving if it is just for several months. By the time he gets back, they might be able to sock away enough to pay their house off, which would give them more wiggle room of what they can actually do with the house when they do move.

I have to tell you. I am sooooo thankful on my own selfish end that my sister is not moving farther away from me, especially when Michael goes to war. I will be able to visit her and her me. I do feel bad that she is going to be on her own for so long.

I have some good news about our Laundry Center. My friend, Catherine said that her DIL, Melissa needed a new dryer desperately. We called her and we are so thankful that we can just give this really nice machine to her. God blessed us with a fridge and we are so grateful that we are not in a position of having to sell it, but to just give it to her. Again, God is amazing! He takes care of us and we take care of the Body of Christ. I think He delights in it! This gal's husband is in the Army and their was a glitch in his paycheck, so she wasn't able to get a loan through Home Depot. I'm so glad she wasn't able to get it!

Steve was gone yesterday at work and will be gone most of the day today. Josh was having a hard time with disrespect when we were homeschooling. I had to address it several times. He kept raising his voice at me. After much discussion and many time outs, he came to me and apologized. He said that he was sorry for rushing through his work so that he could just go play. It was HUGE! I'm praying today will go differently.

The kids did their Tae Kwan Do last night and I was able to take the little ones to Bi-Mart to get some much needed scrapbook supplies. I've scrapped 8 pages in two days! It felt sooooo good! I usually hate bringing the little ones to the store. When I was about to put Andrew in the cart, he begged to be a big boy and be on the outside. I told him OK, as long as he didn't touch anything or run off. Guess what? He did great! I told him this morning when he woke up and he just beamed! It is so nice to know that he isn't running off so much anymore. It was so scary for awhile.

The kids LOVE their trampoline. We've had a few issues though that we have had to deal with.

1. Don't pee off the trampoline!

2. Don't get under the trampoline or put things under the trampoline when people are bouncing!

3. Don't hang things or yank on the netting that goes around it!

Other than that, they are having a ball and have actually complained about soreness. They played off and on all day yesterday. I think this was a good move. Marcus is actually going outside now.

I was asked to do my devotion early for Mom's Morning Out yesterday because the speaker had canceled. I have to be honest, I had completely forgotten about my devotion I was supposed to be writing about. I didn't have that one ready, but I did have an old one called "Steve's Dirty Socks". It's a devotion on being a servant in your home. Ann said "great", so I will be giving my talk on it this morning. I pray it goes well.

In the meantime I have to be thinking about condensing Nancy Lee Demoss's "Power of Words" two week sessions into an hour long devotion. I went through it yesterday and got all my material, but I think I still might have to make it into a two-parter. There is too much good stuff to take out!

Steve surprised me and said he was going to take Wednesday off. That means I will have help with getting the kids to AWANA and then I will be able to pack the car with all my scrapbook stuff and be ready to hit the road by 8:00 a.m. on Thursday. I can't wait to spend some time with my sis and mom. Also, Paulette is going to be dropping by and we are going to teach her to scrapbook, so it will be great to see her again. I'm totally getting in the mood to be creative. Sometimes when you are doing the same things over and over again, it is important to do something that gives you pleasure and let's your creative juices flow. That is what scrapbooking is for me.

Pray that God blesses Steve with a great four days with the kids. He is an awesome dad and I'm not worried about it in the least. It's just hard to be patient when you aren't used to being by yourself with them for so long. He is great at getting the older kids to help with the littler ones. The fireman efficiency and officer delegation takes over! It's kind of cute!

Well, that's my book for today! Just thought I would give you a little update on what is really going on in my life.

2 comments:

Cat said...

Wow, Stacie, it IS a book today. We haven't touched bases just long enough that I didn't know you were going to visit you sis...and for 4 days! Good for you. You'll be with prayer warriors, so I expect prayer on the war front. You know the one I mean! I love you, my dear friend.

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Thanks for your prayers, Stace. I'm doing better today, but still a little weepy.

Don't forget to pick up the 1/4 of beef from Grandpa and Regina before you leave town. Thanks so much for doing that!

Hope you have a good day.

Call me when you have chance.

Related Posts with Thumbnails