Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

I can't believe it is a New Year's already.

We woke up to a beautiful blanket of fresh new snow. The world is white again.

Steve works today, so my plans are to homeschool and reorganize my pantry. It's driving me nuts! I can't find anything anywhere and it just looks really dirty.

It should be a mellow day.

Yesterday was pay day, so it's always kind of crazy. I pay all the bills, mail boxes to Kenya and then shop. I was really tired by the end of it all and my hips were starting to hurt. I had put a chuck roast in the slow cooker and Steve made some WW noodles and some gravy to go over them. We had salad and green beans to go with it. It was really well-balanced and the kids loved the dinner. I'm so glad Steve is willing and ABLE to help me in the kitchen.

I did decided to homeschool them when I got back. They were sitting around not doing anything around 3:30, so I told them to get their books out. They got done really fast. Jessica was so proud of herself. She finished her Kindergarten Math book! I told her she can invite a friend over as a reward. Now I have to figure out if she is needing more review or if she is ready to move on to First Grade Math. I need to go out into the shed and look through my curriculum boxes.

We let the boys stay up till 8:30 last night to watch Star Wars and Steve and I watched a really good documentary on Netflix called "Valor". It was all about Christian Medal of Honor winners from WWII, Korea and Vietnam. So inspiring! The stories, were so amazing and told over and over of how God helped them with their fears. Catherine, you would LOVE this!

I might post some more pictures later on today, but for that that is all that is happening in our little world.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I was so surprised to the snow! It's so pretty! I know our kids hate when we catch them not doing anything!! You sure know how to put yours "to the books" ha!ha!
Happy New Year Stacie!

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

There's not a whole lot else to do today. Also, if I homeschool on the holidays, I don't have to worry so much about taking time off when the baby comes.

Related Posts with Thumbnails