Saturday, January 24, 2009

Feeling Full

Here is a picture of our friend/free babysitter, Candy. Jacob fell asleep on her while she was watching him. Isn't this sweet? Candy is such a dear friend and has rescued me so many times when it comes to watching the kids!
Ahhh, it is a time of reflection. I am so thankful for my friends. It worked out yesterday that my friend, Margaret was able to come over and talk for most of the afternoon. It was so great to be able to sit there and just chat and listen to her tell about her adventures of traveling with her family and about her dad's funeral. The kids did really well and we were interrupted very little.

Today has been another day full of friends. Paul and Rachel invited us over for lunch and the kids got to play as we talked for hours. It was such a pleasure. Lunch was delicious and the kids played really well. She even gave me enough to give to Steve for his dinner, so we took it afterwards to the firestation. He will be home tomorrow. It's been a long 48 hours! Jessica is especially missing him.

It has been snowing all day long and now looks again like a winter wonderland. It is beautiful!

The older boys begged to make dinner tonight, so I told them they could make Top Ramen and apples with honey for everyone. They were so happy and sweet about it. Marcus even taught Josh how to make a loaf of bread while I layed down.

We are not watching TV or playing any kind of video games today. I've been reading to the kids more and more and they are loving it. We are working on getting through "Little Town on the Prairie", "Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe" and I want to start working on "Summer of the Monkeys" again.

Tomorrow will be a full day as well. Church, then Kerripaula's (my cousin) invited us to her girl's birthday party at a pizza place at 1:00. The kids are really looking forward to seeing their cousins. It's been awhile. We sure miss them since they moved out of town. For those of you who know Kerripaula, she is doing really well.

6 comments:

CB said...

You know, we had a good day with friends today too, at a bday party. I had such good fellowship, talk time! I am so thankful for that every once in awhile! I can't believe your kid can make bread, I still need to learn that for myself!! Do you use a bread maker or just good old fashion oven & bread pan?

Cat said...

I love to hear about your days, Stacie. Candy is a picture of relaxation, isn't she? I had some good down-time; and it was good.

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Crystal, I have the recipe posted under "recipes" for my bread. I do use a bread machine, but you don't have too.

I get my bread machines from The Salvation Army for less than fifteen bucks. Of course you have to have room on your counter for it.

I just realized when I woke up this morning that I forgot about the bread (being on the dough cycle), that the kids made last night. Oops! It's going to be one gooing mess to clean up. What a waste!

Catherine, I'm so glad that you had some down-time. You needed it!

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

I love the picture of Candy and Jacob. She is so wonderful.

I had a great day with friends as well. I went to a Pampered Chef party in the morning and visted with a bunch of ladies from MOPS, then Katherine came over to look at my scrapbook pages which always stimulates good conversation, then Colette came over for dinner with Tayla and the twins. It was so good to see everyone, especially since I was holed up in the house most of the week. I thank God for giving us such wonderful friends.

candy said...

I had such a wonderful time watching the kids. They were all so good. Josh started to ask me if I wanted to jump on the trampoline. He was kind enough to stop himself first and ask if I had any kind of back pain. He said poor Marcus can't jump on it, his back hurts to much. Josh is a sweet, sweet boy. I went out and watched them show their tricks. I love your children. I left laughing and smiling all day.Marcus and I were gong to read but we got sidetracked. I can't remember why.Thank you all for the nice comments. Despite all her kids it is VERY relaxing at Stacie's house.They are all well behaved gifts.

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

I'm so glad that you have fun with them and you think they are nice!

Related Posts with Thumbnails