Friday, January 30, 2009

The Boy's Room (Before and After)

This is the boy's room. We had one boy on top and two on the bottom and Jessica in a toddler bed (which she was outgrowing fast!) The brown dresser was Josh's (right hand side and was full of who knows what!) We took out these beds and replaced them with two identical bunk beds (expect the color) that we got a screaming good deal on!
I only had to buy one new comforter (the camo one for Marcus), and three sets of sheets. I can't believe how much room is left when we put the brown dresser in the closet.
We took the doors off their closet and organized it as such. Josh's clothes are in the left three drawers, Marcus has the right three doors. They each have a plastic sock and underwear bin on top of the brown dresser. Andrew has the three plastic drawers on the floor and I was still able to put their suitcases stacked on the right hand side of the closet. My goal today is to go through hang up clothes. It's out of control and they rarely use them. I don't even know what fits them anymore. With the doors off the closet, again, they can't hide anything. I'm hoping this will help control the Lego messes that I find everywhere! Jacob keeps wanting to climb on top of all the bunk beds, though. I'm having to watch him like a hawk. He knows how to open doors now and turn lights on. Oh my, we are just getting started aren't we? LOL!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

candy said...

WOW! what a difference.It looks great. I bet the kids are excited. I love switching things around so I can clean under stuff.

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

I'm so excited for you. You are so good at rearranging things to make more room. It truly is inspiring! Good job and it looks great.

CB said...

Looks AWESOME!!! Sounds like you are nesting, eh? :D

Amy said...

Holy cow that's a lot of work you guys did in such a short amount of time. I'm sure you are relieved to have all that done. I love the idea of taking the closet doors off. I think I may try to talk my husband into that. I just went through Emily's dresser and closet yesterday and hauled two trashbags full of clothes out of there. I have to make room because garage sale season is just around the corner. Do you garage sale?

Excellent job. Both rooms look great!!!!

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Thanks, Ladies! It feels sooooo good to have it done. Yes, I AM nesting! LOL!

I love to garage sale and so do the kids. Now that the older kids are able to stay in the car with the younger ones, I can park strategically and run through a sale really fast if they are within sight.

Every now and then I'll ask Steve to watch the kids and then I'll just take a kid or two with me. I love getting screaming good deals! Who doesn't?

Rachel said...

What a great idea! Now I want to take the closet doors off too! Oh Paul...

We also have a dresser with a million stickers!

Related Posts with Thumbnails