Wednesday, January 28, 2009

31 Weeks and Counting!



Since I'm up with insomnia, I thought I would give you a little update on the pregnancy and who knows where I might go from there (after all it is 2:30 in the morning).

I am doing pretty well. These last 10 weeks are the hardest weeks for me. I tend to question God a lot and ask Him why He had to call me to do this and if I truly am capable. I have to go back to my Bible a lot and look at my journal to be reminded of the promises that He has given me through the years as I've sought His Will for my life. Many promises jump out at me, "Lean on me", "My Grace is Sufficient for you", and "I am training you" come to mind. I have had these things prophesied over me by people who never even knew me or my situation.

I am reminded that sometimes God asks us to do things that are not easy. They are hard and they are physically painful at times. My pubic bone feels like it is splitting in two. It is starting to affect my walking and the amount I can sit. I know it is a temporary thing, though. As soon as I have the baby my goal will be to take Motrin and rest as much as possible. When I'm nursing full time I get an excuse to sit down and put my feet up!

The impending labor starts to freak me out a little. I KNOW how painful it can be and I'm going to try to do it naturally again. I've had three natural births, one epidural that worked, and one that did not. I know I can't get out of it now! LOL! I just have to remember how much I'm looking forward to seeing and holding this little one.

I've been praying a lot lately about the health of this child. I am praying that all will be well this time. That I will be able to hold my baby right away and bond with him or her by nursing it. I do not want to have to have the baby away from me at all this time.

I am praying that my doctor will be on duty when I do go into labor. He has delivered 4 out of 5 of our children and we have a real bond with him. He doesn't question me and knows I know my own body. I appreciate that so much. He is also very good about helping you not tear and is very patient with me when I start to fall apart during labor.

So a little more about life in general...

Tae Kwan Do is now in the middle of the day instead of during dinner hour which has been a huge blessing! They will get fitted for their uniforms on Saturday. We found out they are around$25 a piece, which is cheaper then I guessed so I was pleased about that. Steve took them this Monday for the first time and enjoyed watching them. Apparently, Jeremy (the instructor) thinks Jessica is just the cutest thing when she yells her TKD (Tae Kwan Do) yells. Steve works with the kids almost every day on their stretching and their moves. I'm so glad, because I haven't the slightest interest in it!

Josh's ACTS (Acclaiming Christ Through Sports) is giving him the MVP award on Saturday. He is a faithful attender and has done a great job winning the games they play. He really looks forward to going on Saturdays and it has been great for him. He is going to attend the HUGE Superbowl Bash on Sunday at the church. There is tons of food, games, bounce house, ect. and then they present a message during half time. They also cut out all the commercials so they don't get exposed to anything inappropriate. He is old enough to where I can just drop him off. It's so nice!

Marcus has come down with a cold. He went to his little job at Grandma Regina's and came back sniffling. I'm making him take it easy.

Steve took half the day off today, so he'll only work from eight at night until eight in the morning on Thursday. We got a Survivorman DVD from Netflix and he is really excited about teaching the kids how to use their heads and think outside the box. I watched one episode last night and was really impressed at the guy. It is really clean as well and VERY educational.

Homeschooling is going fairly well. I've been more consistent this year then any other year and I think it is paying off. We work on holidays and such, so that I can be able to take off a month when the baby comes in April. Josh is still working with Trudy, but it will not be as much. Our benefactor was unable to continue to pay for it, so we are cutting back to 3 hours a week. Trudy will really start concentrating on math. I also had some good news! I don't have to get him tested every year. I just have to have a note from Trudy that says he's improving. This has taken a load of stress off of me as I thought test time was approaching fast. It will also save us $45 as that is what the testing costs. I don't have to get Marcus tested until next year seeing as he is supposed to be in 2nd Grade.

Jessica is doing well. She is being challenged now that she is in First Grade. I will keep moving forward with her as long as she is able to do so. She is pretty proud of the fact that she isn't in Kindergarten anymore!

Andrew let me know the other day that he wanted to homeschool, too. So I'm taking time to help him with letters and numbers. I am also reading his favorite books over and over. He has never been one to ask me to read to him much. I'm glad he showing more of an interest now.

I don't think I can sit much longer, so I'm going to try to go lay down again and get some sleep. If that doesn't work, I'll read my "Catherine Booth Biography". Steve is reading the biography of William and Catherine's life and is finding it fascinating. We have had some great discussions! I love that my husband loves to learn about new things!

9 comments:

Cat said...

Oh, My Precious Stacie, it grieves me to know that while I'm praying in the night you are awake too. I pray the Lord will bless you with enough rest and sleep. I know His grace is sufficient; I know you can lean on Him; I know He is your rest. And, too, I pray for sound sleep for you. Just as you are able to let one go (Josh) you can bring one on (Andrew). The unfolding of life is simply divine!

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

I am leaning on Him. This is crunch time. His strength is made perfect in my weakness. I am very glad that I can lean on him in every way.

I used to think that homeschooling all these kids would be so hard. It happens slowly, so that it is a natural process. I like that. The younger ones seem to learn by osmossis.

I have changed my ways and simplified, relaxing much more in how I homeschool.

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

You're a great mom and wife, Stacie. I learn so much from you everyday. You have helped me simplify my life through your example. I'd be a basket case if it wasn't for you. Thanks for your Godly influence on my life.
I know I've said it a million times, but a million more wouldn't be enough. I love you!

5joys said...

Thanks for visiting my blog - I posted a comment to give you some ideas for two dishwasher loads a day.
I enjoyed visiting your blog too! You sound like an amazing lady. Those nights are long when no sleep comes. Thankful we have the Lord to rely on.

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

You ladies are so encouraging. You don't know how much your comments make my day and how God uses them to give me energy and strength to go on.

May God bless you for your willingness to encourage me.

CB said...

It seems like yesterday I was very hugely pregnant, dealing with more discomforts than I was used to & worrying like crazy over who would watch my kids for me! God was so awesome! I had a very quick labor, all my kids in the birth room & they did great, never got scared (or traumatized) & all natural. It was so perfect & I don't think I felt peace until the very night I went into labor. God gave me peace & strength just when I needed it & my sweet Hubby couldn't have been more supportive!!!! I know He will be with you too!!!

Rachel said...

We love Survivorman!!
So if you're 31, than I'm 29 weeks. I'm glad you're keeping track! I just keep losing track with this one, but know I'm growing and growing. Just think while you're holding your new precious one, I'll be big as a blimp and jealous!
I actually slept through the night last night (well until 5am) I think thanks to my massage! (*thank you!)

OurLilFullFam said...

We watch that here sometimes too! Thanks, I posted the devotion on my blog!

Yes, those nights seem long at the end don't they? I will be praying for you to have a nice easy natural labor.

Do you take Red Raspberry Tea? I did with my last one, and it helped so much (2 1/2 hour labor). I go to a practice that has midwives and doctors, so you get a mix of options there. But, I sure did like the tea.

Apparantly, catholic midwives used it for their patients, who usually had an average of 9 kids. So, I guess they knew how to help pregnancy! It helps tones your womb after birth too, and is safe while nursing. It is the actual leaves from a Raspberry Plant, so pretty safe.

Praying you get a good night's sleep, and for comfortable hips!

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Thank you so much. I do need to remember to drink the raspberry leaf tea more. I really think it helped give me a faster labor with my fourth child because I was consistent about drinking it. I think I had a four hour labor with Andrew. It was wonderful and the first time that I did not have to have potocin.

Thank you for your prayers! I hope you come and visit here often...

Related Posts with Thumbnails