Thursday, December 18, 2008

We ALL Need Encouragement

When God laid on my heart to start this blog, He made it clear that it was not to be just any ordinary blog. He wanted this blog to glorify Him. I felt that He wanted it to be a place of encouragement to wives and mothers, especially.

I love the verses in Psalms that say over and over "Tell of the great deeds He has done!" How I want to share my testimony with everyone I meet! God has done miracles in my life that I know would encourage any Believer or Non-Believer. This blog is allowing me to do that.

But as you know, we ALL need encouragement, even this Ol' Gal. Many of you have left comments that have made me want to soar! God has used you over and over to encourage me in my duties as a wife and mother. Some of you have told me you are afraid to comment because you don't want to sign in, understandably so. To help you with this, I have made it easier on my blog to leave comments. You know longer have to sign in and you can also do so anonymously.

I have to say I am ashamed of the way I reacted a few weeks back when I got the doctor's bill. I should have known the Lord is faithful and would take care of it. I just talked with the sweetest lady that is in charge of a "rebate" program that helps people who cannot afford to take the IV medication that Steve is on. Steve qualified! So we will be getting $400 paid by this program towards the $600 we will owe at the first of the year! I was astounded and so thankful. So all in all about $36,000 of medical bills for just four injections will be only $400 to pay for (that is including the one we already have paid for). Wow! God totally took care of us once again. He has provide enough overtime to pay that bill next month when it comes in. He is so good!

I do need prayers in one area. I went to my OB doc and asked him about not sleeping. He said to stop taking the sleeping pill and just grin and bear it. I think the pill had stopped working anyway so I wasn't surprised. Last night was my first night off of it. I slept from 9:45 to 11:30 and then was up for several hours. God did give me an extra 2 hours of sleep during the wee hours of the morning and I woke up around 5:15 a.m. Four hours of sleep is not bad for an insomniac who has a baby moving around in her tummy all night. So I am praising God for the four hours, but asking that you pray for me as I go about this day. I would love to be able to take a nap sometime, but Steve is working today, so we'll see. I want to be patient and loving to my children. I also want to reduce my stress level even more, which requires wisdom on my part. So I thank you ahead of time for your prayers.

Blessings to you all as you go about your day. The snow is softly falling this morning and all is quiet as my sweet children sleep snuggled up in their beds.

Steve works today, so I need to get off of here and get my daily dose of encouragement from my Bible Study while it is still quiet.

9 comments:

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

You should have the boys watch the kids while you take a nap. If they do a good job, give them a reward. They are definately old enough to help you out in this area. I'm glad you are off the sleeping pills. I'll pray God sustains you as he always has.

Cat said...

Oh, darlin', life is full of such challenges; isn't it? Rachel spoke with me yesterday about her lack of sleep and snippish attitude toward her darling girls and husband. I reminded her of you, and she reminded me of her sister with 6 children. We ALL need prayer, but some more than others sometimes. You are definitely in mine!! God is faithful, and His mercies are new every morning. We will praise Him to the heavens as you are refreshed all day long.

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Thank you, ladies! I will take your advice, Jack. Steve already had a talk with them about making sure they help me today and if that means babysitting so I can have a nap, so be it. They understood.

I thank you for your prayers. Tell Rachel, I know how she feels!

Amy said...

My prayers are with you and I can totally sympathize. I became an insomniac when I was pregnant with my third. I'm sure you have heard all of this but just in case I will share a few tips. Keep your bedroom cooler than the rest of the house (I keep ours way too cold) your body is supposed to be a degree or two cooler for the sleep to set in. Keep a routine getting up and going to bed at the same times. No tv or other noise other than a fan or something like that. Keep it dark so if your reading use a book light and try a boring book. I know there is more but that is all I can think of right now. I know how great naps are but I also have found that they just feed into my insomnia (that doesn't mean I have stopped taking them though). My friend does sleep studies for a living and I have learned from her how important sleep is and how it affects every area of our life. Good luck!!!!!

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Amy,thank you! I didn't know about the tempature thing. I have to tell you that Steve handed me a book last night and said "read this, it'll put you to sleep". After 15 minutes about reading about standpipes, sprinkler systems and how they help firefighters, I was out! Boring!

Amy said...

Too funny :) That would definitely put me to sleep. How did you do today? I'm not sure if your in a different time zone than us. Once I get to dinner time I feel like it's downhill from there. If I think of any other things I will let you know.

candy said...

Thank you for doing that for us Stacie. You are such a good friend to all of us. I love you and am sorry you are not feeling well.

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

I am feeling a smidge better tonight. I felt like I was going to throw up about four hours this afternoon. I never did, though. I had leftovers for dinner, so that worked out nice. I hope I sleep tonight!

candy said...

Try a hot bath before bed, I do that when I can't sleep. It's hard for me to shut my brain off so I will talk to the Lord.
I'm getting the hang of this you may have to say NO MORE!

Related Posts with Thumbnails