Sunday, December 7, 2008

Tortilla Quiche

Tortilla Quiche

3/4 lb pork sausage cooked and drained
5 or 6 six inch tortillas
1 cup shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
1 cup shredded cheddar
1/4 cup canned diced green chilies
6 beaten eggs
1/2 cup whipping cream
1/2 cup small cottage cheese
1/2 tsp chili powder or cayenne pepper
1/4 cup minced cilantro

Place tortillas in greased 9 inch pie plate, overlapping and extending 1/2 inch beyond rim. Place remaining tortilla in center.

Layer with the cooked sausage, cheeses, eggs, cream, spices and cilantro. Bake 350 degrees for 55 minutes or until center is puffy. 6 servings (if you double recipe, cook for 1 hour and 15 minutes and put into a 12 inch pie plate)

3 comments:

Amy said...

I don't know if I am supposed to reply to comments on my blog or the persons who left it. What do you think?

Thanks for your compliments!

My husband is supposed to work on Christmas day but he traded too!! Some guy who is in a band had him work for him on a Saturday back in August and told him he would do Christmas day for him.

They have three shift at their department and my husbands has to do two in a row which is a bummer. What is your husbands schedule like? We are one on two off.

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

My husband's department has A, B and C Shifts. He is a C-Shifter. He has to work a 48 too! The 23rd and 24th. The is so funny that yours does too.

He works 24 hours on, 24 off, 24 on, 24 off 24 on and then 4 days off. We both love it.

How about yours?

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

I love this recipe! I'm so glad you posted it. I thought it was lost forever.

Thanks for the great conversation and prayers today. I really appreciate it. I love knowing that you are lifting me up when I'm struggling with something. Thanks for being the best sis ever!

Related Posts with Thumbnails