Monday, December 22, 2008

Thai Rolls Part 2

Here is the finished product! For a dipping sauce I mixed Thai peanut sauce, plum sauce and Hoisen sauce together in a small bowl. The peanut sauce is a little spicy for the kids, so I just mixed Hoisen and plum for them. Another really good flavor is sweet chili sauce. You can get all of this in the Oriental section of your store. I couldn't find the spring roll skins at Safeway but they were there at Fred Meyers. Also, the julienne tool was found at Fred Meyers. If you can't find one, you can use a food processor or the good old fashioned way and cut it by hand. The key is to get the veggies thin!
Jacob couldn't get through the tough skin, so he got to eat the noodles instead. You can see, he's pretty happy about it! I know it seems like a lot of instructions, but it really is easy and very healthy. They last a few days as well, so you can make a bunch ahead of time and feast on them for the next few days. Steve and I even tried deep frying one and it was very good! We might do half deep fried and half raw next time.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Cat said...

Stacie, good job on the instructions and pics. Kimber deep fried them when I showed her how to make them and ended up starting a kitchen fire. I don't think she was used to doing that kind of thing. I'll bet you are. There is a different kind of 'skin' that is a little thicker made especially for deep frying these things.

Rachel said...

Thanks so much Stacie!! When I was out and about I stopped at Freddys for the supplies I didn't have. The kids read it on your blog with me and I told them you will like it.... the Brown kids do! So that's affirming to them!! I'm making them for dinner Christmas Eve. We eat our Roast Beast on Christmas Day.

Related Posts with Thumbnails