Friday, December 5, 2008

A Test

Oh my, God has been testing me the last two days.

Steve has started this new medication for his psoriasis. It is an IV medication that he travels to OHSU for. It's a big deal. We were told that it would cost about the same as the shots that he was giving himself. That was $1,500 per shot twice a month. So we're thinking about $3,000 a month, right?

I get a bill from OHSU that says one visit/IV application is almost $9,000! I just about choked! Steve was hoping that was for more then one application, but I told him I know how to read these hospital bills and that it was for ONE! He got a hold of the insurance and they said that he would have to pay $100 of it. OK, that's doable. I gave it to God and told Him He needed to take care of this.

I went to the PO today and got another bill from the hospital that there was an adjustment of $2,500. That left us $6,500 to pay. I started crying and praying. I went to the fire station to show Steve and ask if he had a number I could call someone. He told me to calm down and that it will be OK. I got control again and then went home. On my way, I prayed Psalm 121:1-2 "I turn my eyes unto the mountains, where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of Heaven and Earth." I told Him, He knows Steve needs this medicine and that He needed to smooth our way. Steve had two applications already, so in my mind I'm thinking we owe the hospital $13,000.

I got home and called Blue Cross trying to be nice and not be panicky. The lady was so sweet and helped me so much. She looked at the adjustment that I had not received in the mail yet. It said we only owed $50.54 for each application! I couldn't praise God enough! I was afraid of how much it would be after January when we started a new year. I think we will owe at the max around $600 before we get to 100% coverage for Steve. Steve can hit the overtime hard and bring that in, I'm sure. The adjustment of $2,500 was the Preferred Provider amount. Basically, the hospital has to take that off of the bill, so it wasn't showing the insurance adjustment at all.

I wish I could say that I never panicked and cried, but I do have to say that it took me about 2 minutes after the shock wore off to pray and ask God for His provision. I struggled with doubt as my mind was being attacked with all kinds of fears. But in the end, God won. He was also glorified as he ONCE AGAIN provided for us!

I just had to share this. If you are struggling, keep giving it to God. He really can take care of it.

2 comments:

Cat said...

Isn't it a shame that we forget that God does provide for every little thing...and every BIG thing too?!! I'm glad He has you in the palm of His hand, Stacie!

Amy said...

Love those blessings!!! We have had a couple in our house this week and I can't even begin to describe the amount of stress that is being lifted off our shoulders. God is amazing!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails