Sunday, December 14, 2008

Snow!!!

I woke up this morning around 5:30 and I looked out the window. There is a nice dusting of snow. The ground is covered. The kids are going to die! The best thing though, is that it is still snowing! Oh Joy! "Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!"

I bought the kids a sled last year that never got used. We have a great driveway for it!

We haven't seen a whole lot of Steve this week. He has been on over 53 hours of overtime. He's really hitting it hard so he can pay for the deductible on his psoriasis medicine. It would also be nice to be able to put more in savings. I messed up on the checkbook again! I'm seriously going to teach Marcus how to do it one of these days! I think an eight year old would be better at it then me!

I have been tanking up on God's Word. I am LOVING my Beth Moore "Psalms of Ascent" study. The Lord is touching my heart in so many ways. I'm also taking more time to journal. It blesses me so much when I do that. I love to pour out my prayers to God on paper. The kids and I are working our way through the Old Testament with our Advent Tree and they are loving the stories read from the NIV instead of their children's Bibles. This is the first year I've done that and it has made it more rich and fuller for them.

I can't wait to go to church today! The kids get so excited and I love seeing everyone and singing the Old Christmas Hymns. We'll come home for lunch and then I need to make some bread and some "Blondie bars" for Ann's birthday. The Chouinards will be by with the kids around 4:30, so my day will be spent saying, "No, it's not time yet!" Then it will be crazy and wild and hopefully the kids will be outside in the snow if it sticks!

Oh, I found out that my husband checks my blog! It made me feel really good. Also, one more encouraging thing...Steve emailed me from work for the first time to congratulate me on my writing success. It was so sweet and so unexpected!

2 comments:

Cat said...

I love you and your enthusiasm for whatever comes...snow, church, celebrations, your DH, and especially your children! I just plain love you, Stacie!

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

I love you, Catherine! You are an awesome friend.

Related Posts with Thumbnails