Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Sick Again

Ooooh, I'm so tired for feeling like this. I just pray I will get better before Christmas. I woke up this morning feeling really tired and not so great. About 8:30 a.m., even though Steve had called in sick, I woke him up and told him he needed to watch the kids. I had a headache and was feeling really sick to my stomach. I went back to bed for a hour or two. Then we had to run to Safeway and get Josh's medicine. I kept feeling worse and worse. It was so bad, I had to stay in the car and he had to run the errands. Remember, the guy is on sick leave, so it didn't look that great, but we had no choice.

As soon as we got home, I went straight to bed and slept two more hours. I woke up and tried to eat a bit of lunch. I started feeling sick again around 2:00 and just went back to bed. I slept another two and a half hours. I then tried to lay on the couch and play UNO with Jess, then I played Monopoly for an hour with Marcus. I had had it. I went back to bed around seven. Now I'm up and I'm going to try to eat a little chicken noodle soup and see if that settles my tummy at all.

Steve is supposed to work tomorrow. I'm sure hope I start feeling better or it's going to be an interesting day. The only thing I got done today was two loads of dishes and two loads of laundry. I'm falling behind and I am expecting company for Christmas. Not good...

Please pray that this will pass soon. I so don't want to be sick for Christmas.

Oh, BTW, Marcus was coughing last night. He started swallowing it. When he woke up he puked all over the couch, just missing my Bible study. He told me later, "I tried to miss your Bible study". I was so thankful. I can clean it off the blanket on the couch a lot easier then my Bible study. Jess said she wasn't feeling great either and didn't eat her dinner. That leaves Jacob to be the only one who hasn't gotten anything this last week.

I need to post another older devotion. I think I'll do that next. Thanks for your prayers!

3 comments:

Cat said...

Know that I'm lifting you up, my precious one! Call me today if you need more specific prayers. So far, I'm praying for speedy recovery, quick healing for all, the gift of patience and understanding from your children and husband, safe travels for those coming if God grants you mercy in this, and for you to enjoy the pleasure of company on Christmas.

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Thanks, Catherine. I'm feeling better this morning so far. Steve has chosen to go to work.

I'm going to take it easy and have the kids help me a LOT today.

I know you are praying...

Brenda said...

I hope you are feeling better!

Did John Combe move his practice to The Dalles? That's great that you are able to visit him - I've heard he is an incredibly talented LMT!

Related Posts with Thumbnails