Saturday, December 20, 2008

Saturday's Musings

Today started with getting up at 12:30 in the morning and blogging and reading until about 3:00 a.m. I was able to go back to sleep after that, which was a blessed relief. We all slept till 7:15 a.m. That was nice!

Made a roast beef quiche for breakfast, which wasn't very good. I don't know what I did different. Luckily, I had yogurt to offer, too. They chowed that down. Kids did their chores and Steve got up and took his four wheeler over to the church to plow the sidewalks and some of the parking lot where the staff park. He was gone until about 1:00 p.m.

The kids watched a "Rescue Heroes" while I did yoga and my Bible study. I made lunch (egg rolls and P and B bagels), then I played "Enchanted Forest" with Jessica and Marcus. After that it was a LONG game of Monopoly with Josh and Marcus after we put Jacob down for a nap.

We heard from Mom and Larry. They decided to come after all, so they left about four p.m. They still aren't here. The roads are very snowy and not a little bit scary.

While we are waiting, I took the kids one by one into the bedroom to wrap their siblings gift. Then I shooed them all out and wrapped all the rest. Not too many this year. I'm proud of myself.

I made Thai Rolls for dinner and we gobbled them up! Mom and Larry were lucky we saved them a few! They were yummy! I put more chicken and noodles in them this time and skipped the bean sprouts. I figured out, that I DON'T like them! Steve even tried to deep fry one and it turned out pretty good. Josh even ate two! Now that's amazing!

It is still snowing and freezing cold. We are expected to have a HUGE storm tonight and tomorrow. Maybe eight inches of snow overnight. So it will be interesting to wake up tomorrow and see what it looks like!

Even church was canceled. So it should be a day of fun, feasting and games with Mom and Larry tomorrow as we celebrate an early Christmas.

That's all for now folks! They just got here so I need to scoot...

2 comments:

Cat said...

Your musings are music to my ears. I guess I'm surprised that church was cancelled because I didn't think that ever happened! My heart is still sick for Kelly and Melissa who are stuck in Troutdale. At least he made it to P'land, and Melissa made it there to pick him up, but the kids are in TD waiting for him, going crazy with excitement, I'm sure!

Rachel said...

Ooooh, we went to pick up Orion for church and there were no signs of life at Melissa's. We figured they got stuck in Portland. I'm glad she still made it to pick Kelly up. At least they can be together, alone! I hope they made it to a motel or something.

Related Posts with Thumbnails